Notices

Grateful2b's PTSD query

Old 02-21-2008, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Grateful2b's PTSD query

Hi everyone, this is my first post in this forum...
I would love some feedback from those of you who have PTSD...I was diagnosed about 10 years ago. I have come a long way regarding my PTSD. There have been so many other issues that I have had to deal with over these last few years, and now that the dust has settled somewhat, I am developing more of an awareness about where I am now with my PTSD.
What I am experiencing now, is an inability to endure very much excitement or stress, especially if it comes, one right after the other...This is a far cry from a time when I could not deal with any stress at all.
Normal stress is not so much of an issue if I pace myself. On Tuesday, I had an unexpected stressful event, followed one on wednesday, and by thursday I was up to my next in anxiety.
thanks guys for any input...
Old 02-21-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Sorry, but I won't be much help. I was only diagnosed a little over 3 years ago. But they think it has been going on for some time just hidden underneath the alcohol. It got dramatically worse after about 3 years sober.

I do not handle a lot of external stimulation well. Large crowds, loud noises, loud music, cars backfiring, groups of more than 2 or 3 people, change in environments, etc..... Thank God for Klonopin or I would probably wouldn't leave my home some days.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Nandm, that was helpful to me...I now know my aversion to large crowds and my hyper-sensitivity to noise is probably due to my PTSD. I have always wondered about that. Thank you for your input!!