Old 02-02-2008, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Fear is The Absence of Faith

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

Fear is the absence of faith.
--Paul Tillich

We all experience fear. Sometimes we fear small things that only seem large at the time, like a test in school, or meeting a new boss, or going to the dentist. Sometimes we fear big things like serious illness or death, or that someone we love will come to harm. Fear is healthy, and we all feel it. It keeps us from doing foolish things sometimes, but too much fear can also keep us from doing what we need for our growth.

If we have faith in God and in ourselves, we can turn and face whatever frightens us, believing we can, with help, do what seems impossible. And we will, and the fear will vanish. The important first step in dealing with fear is to take action--either by tackling what we fear ourselves, or by asking for help. Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.

What am I most afraid of?

From Today's Gift: Daily Meditations for Families ©1985, 1991 by Hazelden Foundation
Old 02-02-2008, 11:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I lived my life in fear for more than 10 years, and am grateful that today I fear nothing.

Finding my program, turning my life and my will over to my Higher Power, that I call God, and living my life in faith, even blind faith sometimes...has made all the difference.

Hugs
Old 02-02-2008, 12:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
believer

I found out i was afraid to be happy...Today i love being happy and learned to overcome fear with the love for the blessing of having me taking care and nurturing me, with the love the universe shares...

thanks Ann