Notices

What meds are you on?

Old 01-31-2008, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What meds are you on?

Just wondering what meds ya'll are on. I was on Geodon and lexapro before I got pg with my last baby, and now that she's over a year old, I switched psychiatrists and now I'm on lamictal, seroquel and lexpro. Seems to be working good.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR. I am on Cymbalta, Lamictal, and Klonopin as needed.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Paxil 20mgs.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

nothing.

came off lexapro - going to doc for 'suprising new whatever' next monday - LOL
Old 02-01-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lamictal, 300 mg. My psychiatrist keeps increasing my dosage--evidently, I'm not where I should be. I have another appointment in about a month. The last session was supposed to be an introduction to CBT, which only served to transform me into the Tasmanian Devil for the next 3 days!! I think somebody here has described the same experience already...

Anyway, getting stabilized is taking a lot longer than I thought it would--6 months and counting. Also, Lamictal is very expensive. I'm almost spending more for this one med than I was for the mass quantities of alcohol I was consuming. Nevertheless, I am determined to remain sober...

Old 02-01-2008, 12:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Lamictal 200mg, effexor xr 300mg, seroquel 50 mg. Just starting topamax last night.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

I use to be on Lamictal and thought it worked well, but it made my acne much, much worse.

Now I'm on Topamax - then for anti-d's I'm on Effexor and Wellbutrin

----
I hated Lexapro and haven't heard much good about it either.
I HATED Seraquel and have heard many others had similar problems as i did.

I'm really surprized at how many are on Lamictal....seems the docs are starting to see how nicely it works for so many. I'm new to the Topamax so I don't know anything about it, but I seemed to have been doing okay on it (I think).

Nice thread idea Knittinggal!
Old 02-19-2008, 07:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The lamictal seems to work really well for me. The cocktail of meds I'm on really makes me feel as though I'm on nothing. I need the seroquel to sleep. I have to call my pdoc because he keeps giving me samples of that. Thank goodness for insurance as I need a script. I'm going to run out before my next appt.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh man. Let's see... lol

Ok, I am pregnant right now so I am not taking what I am supposed to be taking but this is my regular routine : Gabitril, Depakote, and Zoloft. I am taking the zoloft in 25 mgs (very low for me) but this is because I had such horrible post partum depression with my last baby, I have to prevent it in all ways this time.

I have taken Lithium, effexor, paxil, and celexa. I really liked the celexa and I like it better than the zoloft.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Cymbalta, Strattra, Inderal, Buspar and Trazadone. Saw the psych doc today and he looks at my med chart, shakes his head and said your on too many...lol
Old 02-19-2008, 06:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Celexa 60 mgs and Wellbutrin 150 mgs - good combination for me - minimal side effects.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Rowan. Kinda personal but here goes. My doc put me on Celexa for depression, I lost my sex drive completely. I switched to Welbutrin, back on track now, lol

Anybody hear similar stories?
Old 02-24-2008, 12:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Lithium...150 megs
trazadon...100 megs
respiradone....05 megs once in a blue moon

eastcoast scott...my daughter complained bitterly about that side effect with Effexor...that was her main excuse for not taking any meds...sheesh...
Old 02-24-2008, 02:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My son is on zyprexa, propananol, lithium and paxil.

One of his Dr.'s wants to switch the paxil for wellbutrin. After polling other bp family members, it seems that wellbutrin has worked best for the majority and apparently there's some correlation between people with the same genetic background and what meds work well.

Since his onset at Christmas he's been on (excuse spellings) in different combinations..... geodon, prozac, haldol, propananol, depakote, risperdal, seroquel, abilify and the new ones listed above.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I started on Cymbalta around July of last year, and maintained at 60 mg for several months. I've battled chronic clinical depression for many years, and started up some therapy again in December. I've since started seeing a psychiatrist for medication evaluation, and I'm up to 90 mg on the Cymbalta now.

I've been through a variety of antidepressants over the years, including Effexor (which I had horrible side effects from), and Paxil was the latest but seemed to stop working after about 4 years, so I was switched to the Cymbalta.

I'm also considering starting back on the Topamax for migraines. I'll be talking to the psychiatrist about that tomorrow.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I WAS on Seroquel but it made me gain weight and didn't help me, so I went off it. Uhh... I'm on <for now> Lamictal 75mg I think my doctor wants to ween me off it someday when I get over these withdrawal issues of mine, also on my newest med that my doctor insists on, Invega 6mg.... sigh, life sux:wtf2.