Notices

Questions to ask yourself while working Step 10

Old 12-23-2007, 12:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Questions to ask yourself while working Step 10

Step Ten ~ Part 1: Questions

"Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it."

1. If we are to experience permanent recovery from alcoholism, what do we need to do?

2. The first nine steps of our program gave us a new beginning, laid patterns for us to follow in the future. What does Step Ten call for?

3. Tell us what the word perseverance means and how it is associated with our recovery and this step?

4. In the AA 12 & 12, it talks of an emotional hangover. The direct results of yesterday's and sometimes today's excess of negative emotions. List some of these negative emotions and explain how they affect your recovery.

5. One last question for this week, if we have these negative emotions when are we to take care of them and why?
Old 12-23-2007, 12:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

questions part 2

Step Ten ~ Part 2: Questions

"Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it."

1. What is the purpose of Step 10?

2. For years we tried going it alone. I have learned through working these steps what healing and help there is in a loving connection with our Higher Power and others who shared our lives. How do we continue to strengthen these connections?

3. Ways to take personal Inventory. A. Spot check. B. Writing out our 10th step inventory. C. A daily reviewing our emotions and behavior of the past 24 hours. What distinguished one from another?
Old 12-23-2007, 12:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

questions part 3

Step Ten ~ Part 3: Questions

When we were wrong promptly admitted it.

1. By promptly admitting our wrongs, what will this do to our relationships with others?

2. If we don't admit our wrongs promptly what will happen to us?
Old 12-23-2007, 12:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

questions part 4

Step Ten ~ Part 4: Questions

1. In taking a daily inventory of what are we to become increasingly aware?

2. What actions can we take to become aware of shortcomings through the inventory process?

3. Have you noticed as you did a Tenth Step Inventory that you have uncovered some aspects of your past which may need professional help?

4. The new attitudes of honesty about our problems and surrender to a Power greater than ourselves has become a part of us. What are some actions that you take daily that have given you a sane and satisfying way of life?

5. We have been forced to adapt to this new way of coping with life in order to recover from alcoholism. Can you now say you are grateful for the program? If so, explain.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

questions part 5

Tenth Step Invento

Selfishness, self-centeredness! That, we think, is the root of our troubles. Driven by a hundred-forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity, we step on the toes of our fellows and they retaliate. Sometimes they hurt us, seemingly without provocation, but we invariably find that at some time in the past we have made decisions based on self which later placed us in a position to be hurt.

So our troubles, we think, are basically of our own making. They arise out of ourselves, and the alcoholic is an extreme example of self-will run riot, though he usually doesn't think so. Above everything, we alcoholics must be rid of this selfishness (p. 62, Alcoholics Anonymous).

INCIDENT:

1. HOW WAS I SELFISH (i.e., thinking only of myself, or not putting myself in someone else's position)?

2. HOW WAS I RESENTFUL (and what was the basis of this resentment)?

3. HOW WAS I AFRAID (How does this demonstrate a lack of faith, misplaced faith, or faith in a negative outcome)?

4. HOW WAS I DISHONEST (by commission or omission)?

5. HOW DID I DEMAND TO CONTROL ("Do it my way")?

6. HOW DID I DEMAND TO BE RIGHT ("I told you so!")?

7. HOW DID I DEMAND TO BE A VICTIM ("Poor me!")?

8. HOW WAS I DEFIANT ("Don't confuse me with the facts, I've made up my mind!")?

9. HOW WAS I IN DENIAL ("I don't care, I want it my way!")

10. WHO DID I HURT AND HOW DID I HURT THEM (i.e., who was affected as a result of my action or inaction)?

11. HOW CAN I REPAIR THE DAMAGE (i.e., how can I put right what I've put wrong)?

12. WHAT COULD I HAVE DONE BETTER (i.e., what actions could I have taken to improve the situation)?
Old 04-30-2008, 10:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Old 08-17-2008, 10:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Old 12-02-2008, 03:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey nan, see you're up there thinking? Waiting? LOL!!!!

Do you know if there are ever any chat groups on step 10 here? Or any of the steps for that matter. Ten happens to be one of my most favorite and I believe one of the most important to keep some sense of balance in my life. Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!!!