Notices

Questions to ask yourself while working Step 5

Old 12-23-2007, 11:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Questions to ask yourself while working Step 5

Questions
Step 5, Part 1

A. How long have I been living alone with my secrets (my wrongs)?

B. How do I feel about admitting my wrongs (my secrets) to God, myself, and another human being?

C. Am I ready to give up my secrets (my wrongs)?
Old 12-23-2007, 11:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

questions part 2

Questions:
Step 5, Part 2

A. Do you have the feeling that you´ve been different from others, that if others really knew you, they would reject you, or they would cringe? Do you struggle to be acceptable to others when you are around them?

B. How is Step 5 about trust, and where are you in this business of trusting others?
Old 12-23-2007, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

questions part 3

Step Five ~ Part 3: Questions

"Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being, the exact nature of our wrongs."

1. What am I afraid of, regarding step 5?

2. How did your relationship with a Higher Power change after doing the fifth step, and if you haven't done it yet, how do you hope it will change? And this question goes for agnostics, atheists, and those who already have faith.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

questions part 4

Step Five ~ Part 4: Questions

Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being, the exact nature of our wrongs."

A. What's keeping you from doing these two action steps, 4 and 5?

B. How can your sponsor assist you in moving through these blocks to do these two steps?

C. Have you read about the promises and is that what you want and are you willing to "go to any lengths" to experience those promises?
Old 04-30-2008, 10:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Old 08-17-2008, 10:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

:atv
Old 11-01-2009, 08:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Old 09-27-2010, 11:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Question 4th & 5th sept

i work on every day lately but the problem is when working withsome one f2f they spread the word to others i fill this is wrong so how do you know who to trust other than your hp i say my serenity prayer & this one below & read all i can online of AA for i get more out of onine aa than i do f2f meetings

Five Finger Prayer?

This is so neat. I had never heard this before. This is beautiful - and it is surely worth making the 5 finger prayer a part of our lives.?

1.?Your thumb?is nearest you. So begin your prayers by praying for those closest to you. They are the easiest to remember. To pray for our loved ones is, as C. S. Lewis once said, a 'sweet duty.'?

2. The?next finger?is the pointing finger. Pray for those who teach, instruct and heal. This includes teachers, doctors, and ministers. They need support and wisdom in pointing others in the right direction. Keep them in your prayers.

3. The?next finger?is the tallest finger. It reminds us of our leaders. Pray for the president, leaders in business and industry, and administrators. These people shape our nation and guide public opinion. They need God's guidance.

4. The?fourth finger?is our ring finger. Surprising to many is the fact that this is our weakest finger, as any piano teacher will testify. It should remind us to pray for those who are weak, in trouble or in pain. They need your prayers day and night. You cannot pray too much for them.

5. And lastly comes our?little finger?- the smallest finger of all which is where we should place ourselves in relation to God and others. As the Bible says, 'The least shall be the greatest among you.' Your pinkie should remind you to pray for yourself. By the time you have prayed for the other four groups, your own needs will be put into proper perspective and you will be able to pray for yourself more effectively.?

If you decide to send this to a friend, you might brighten someone's day!?

Don't tell God how big your storm is;
Tell the storm how big your God is!!!!!:rotfxko
Old 09-27-2010, 08:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

I wouldn't recommend doing a 5th step with anyone other than a sponsor. Some have used priests or therapists but I think there are some distinct benefits to doing step 5 with your sponsor.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Someone who is closed mouthed is enough.
My first 5 was with a priest....who was aware what a 5 was.

as a side note...if i didnt have 100% trust in my sponsor i wouldnt have got beyond step 1.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
I wouldn't recommend doing a 5th step with anyone other than a sponsor. Some have used priests or therapists but I think there are some distinct benefits to doing step 5 with your sponsor.
Interesting, I am starting to lean more towards doing this with my pastor rather than my sponsor.