Notices

Sometimes I Grow So Weary

Old 12-18-2007, 05:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
On The Bus

Sometimes I Grow So Weary

I was working on a soda machine today. My hands were full of parts and I was right in the middle of doing something and some guy shows up out of nowhere and goes, "Hey! That machine is not giving out Coke." I looked over my shoulder at him as I walked towards my van and said, "I know. Thats why I am here."

I turn around and the guy calls me an effin ahole!! I spun around and said, "what did you say?", but the guy keeps mumbling and walks off.

Well I am pissed, I go in the place of business and tell the receptionist one of the employees of this business just called me an effin ahole. I want to see him or his boss right now, I said it is unacceptable for someone to talk to me that way. Especially in light of I really didnt do anything wrong that I know of.

So she goes, "That was the boss. And there is no one above him to talk to."

I demanded the guy come out and talk to me face to face, but he refused to leave his office. And then I worked on the coke machine for another 45 minutes, hoping to see him, or at least get an apology, but nothing else happened.

My god!! Why does something like this upset me so and why am I so incapable of handling the uneasy feelings that I dealt with the rest of the day into the night??

Sure hope counseling therapy helps me. I dont like feeling this way. Mike
Old 12-19-2007, 03:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Bozo - I'm pretty sure I would have been POed. It's one thing to be verbally attacked when you've done something, it's another to take the brunt of someone elses bad attitude when you were there to do your job.

Letting go of something like that would be hard for me too. Actually, I would probably go over it and over it in my mind for days. And be POed for days. I probably would have even considered sabataging the machine, wouldn't have, but would have thought about it.

If it helps any, he is probably a miserable person. Anyone who acts like that can't be happy. I hope you find a way to vent your frustration over it.

B
Old 12-20-2007, 01:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Mike)))

You were verbally abused, and it had nothing to do with you. It was all about him.

You do have recourse, though. If it was a corporation, write a letter to corporate headquarters. The board of directors, the CEO or anyone else above the moron who verbally assaulted you needs to hear of the incident. He is the "face of the company," and doing the company an injustice. They will want to know.

If he is the president of his own company, you should write him anyway, and let him know what a jackass he is. Let him know you will never purchase his product and you will let others know of his unprofessional conduct. He will fully understand the cost his ill will to his company as a result of his boorish behavior.

Again, *you* did nothing wrong. Try to let it go, knowing that. And take action. It will help you feel better.

Shalom!
Old 12-20-2007, 04:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

" I know you are: but what am I?"

Remember that?

Good thing I'm not a guy -
I'd have probably sneaked in his office and peed in his desk drawer or something.

LOOL

sometimes just thinking about creative ways to ... I dunno ' get even?' get justice - is there really much difference? ... keeps me from acting on emotions I don't need to be acting on.

I think you did fine not buying into the power trip ...
and .. you move on ...
while this guy is doomed to ask "you want fries with that?"

*shrug*
Old 12-21-2007, 02:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
believer

Sick people can smell good people from at distance...

I am glad you did not let it affect you...Remember you can always Rise above it, because your spirit is already beautiful, that's their problem, don't let them break your spirit, that's your strength.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((((( Bozo)))))))) I would have flipped my lid, you handled yourself great!! I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to you, you were one of my rocks when I was grasping for sobriety, but just couldnt get there, now I have 18 days!!!! You are a wonderful person, and I wish all the best for you and yours!!! Happy Holidays Bozo!

If you ever get a chance, let me know how you are doing, I know we had a similar DOC. I enjoyed talking with you and miss over in Substance Abuse...... Hope to talk to you soon!!
Old 12-24-2007, 02:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
On The Bus

Originally Posted by Karim View Post
Sick people can smell good people from at distance...

Thanks for the message, true, so true.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

hugs to you
Old 12-24-2007, 05:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ya did good, kid!

A person like that needs lotsa prayers and kindness...sounds like his jar is empty....
poor wretch.

Hugs,
Wolfie
Old 12-24-2007, 05:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hope you're feeling better now Bozo. I'm not very good at handling those kind of situations either so I can't give any advice. Sounds like you handled it well though and I really like what Karim said!
Old 12-24-2007, 08:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'd take all the coke outta the machine and only leave orange soda...
hohoho...
merry x-mas!
Old 12-26-2007, 03:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
On The Bus

Originally Posted by caraway View Post
Hope you're feeling better now Bozo. I'm not very good at handling those kind of situations either so I can't give any advice. Sounds like you handled it well though and I really like what Karim said!
Me too!!
Old 12-26-2007, 03:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
On The Bus

Originally Posted by Cindi R View Post
hohoho...
merry x-mas!

Heh, heh. Now THATS what Im talking about!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 03:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
On The Bus

Originally Posted by Cindi R View Post
hohoho...
merry x-mas!
NO SOUP(SODA) FOR YOU!!!!