Notices

Jenna

Old 12-04-2007, 04:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To Life!

Jenna

You've lost a bunch of posts on your thread.
But, the whole thing is not gone.
Just don't try to get there by going to the "last page" cuz it will say IE can't get there.

I went to yur 1st page; then, the last page that was showing, (I think it was page 8.) I posted to you there.

I'm sorry for the problems, but, as you know, we've been through this before. What a headache it always is, though. Please be assured that the admins and the techies are working overtime trying to fix this and, once more, to put in safe guards to ensure it won't happen again.

Thanks for your understanding....

Shalom!
Old 12-04-2007, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

THANKS TEACH but i don't understand how more than 4 pages can be lost!! I only lost a few posts last time....NOTHING LIKE THIS! This is my f-ing journal and my most difficult times have been these past few weeks!! and now all of those records are gone!!!!

It's not every day i get this suicidal ya know....
At 31 this is the absolute worst and my words are gone....
Someone stole my journal!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

I hear you, Jenna;
And I understand...

I've lost my journal for my episodes at work, too...

This is, indeed, the worst crash we have experienced here at SR. It stinks!
But, it is what it is.
And, acceptance is the key to my serenity today, Jenna.
Just as it is everyday.
I don't have to like it; but, I do have to accept what is.

I am honestly very very sorry, Jenna.
That's why I wrote to you, cuz, I knew you would be upset about this.
It's a technical upheaval. It's bound to happen.

I should have known better with my school stuff.
And all of us need to be aware that, if something is very very important to us that we might consider doing a back up.

Please know that we are all upset about this, Jenna.
You are not alone...
And we do honestly care about your loss...

Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Shalom, my friend...shalom!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jenna,

I'm so sorry you lost your journal pages.

I think we're all upset by this crash. It's hard to accept that writings and posts that we put here have simply vanished. As Teach said, you are not alone in your feelings and please take some comfort in the fact that we are all here and we'll get through this.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
THANKS TEACH but i don't understand how more than 4 pages can be lost!! I only lost a few posts last time....NOTHING LIKE THIS! This is my f-ing journal and my most difficult times have been these past few weeks!! and now all of those records are gone!!!!

It's not every day i get this suicidal ya know....
At 31 this is the absolute worst and my words are gone....
Someone stole my journal!
Hi Jenna:

We are all here because:

A) we have emotional problems that we are trying to solve or

B) we are responding to others who are reaching out.

Outside of these two reasons, I see no reason for anybody to be here. No one stole your journal. As a matter of fact, this event, and how you deal with it emotionally, is going to be a part of your journal. Your journal is still ongoing, and although there may be some missing pages, those pages were meant to be missing.

Whether we are here for one of the reasons above, or we are here for both reasons doesn't really matter. What matters is that we grow emotionally. Addiction and codependency have robbed us of years of emotional growth, years of serenity, and so we no longer interact with the world around us in a healthy way. We no longer know what it means to be normal. The big thief here is not the one you think stole your journal. The big thief here is the one who stole, and continues to steal our serenity.

Peace.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry Jenna

We are still in a mess and I can't guarantee that more posts won't be lost. Please use our emergency forum as a backup and post your posts there also. There is a hardware problem with our current host and they didn't get backups when they told us they were getting daily backups. It looks to me like we lost 200,000 posts.

Here is the link to the other forum. Please use it for a backup.

http://soberrecovery.proboards44.com/index.cgi

Huge hugs,
MG
Old 12-04-2007, 08:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Jenna,

From now on - copy your posts and paste them in a private Mircrosoft Word Document according to date - that way you will always have them.
Hugs.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

yeah i've tried backing them up like that in word documents, but i post too much and my brain goes all over the place that i just can't keep up with posting things twice every single time.

so whatever. it's gone. something rare i've experienced and posted about is gone. i'll never be able to trust this site again and it makes me very hesitant to come back here anymore to be honest....especially since crashes keep happening.

and makes me not really give a crap about my journal or this site since i can't depend on it being here tomorrow or even 5 minutes from now.

p.s. Teach...i know it has nothing to do with you so i hope you didn't take it that way...i'm just hurting.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Now I'm Really P*ssed!!!!

not Just My Year 4 Journal, But All Other Journals Have Been Truncated Also!!! Wtf!!!! I'm Missing Months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 02:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
To Life!

I know, Jenna....
I know you're not angry at *me* per say...
I know you're angry at the nameless, faceless technology that burped and F*CKED up all your records of your experiences.
I know.

You need to feel your anger. Experience your loss. Grieve.
And then, get past it, Jenna.
As we all must.
Accept what has happened, because, that is what has happened. We cannot change it.

But, go through the process of experiencing that anger and grief first.
It's normal; it's ok; and if you want, we'll be there for you as you go through it.
I won't be frightened away by your anger, Jenna...

Shalom, friend...
Old 12-05-2007, 03:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Jenna,
Hi - I understand you are hurting. I once kept a diary at a forum like this and the entire diary was erased when they revamped the site. I felt kinda sad at first but in another way liberated. All of that was my past. Just because I documented it didn't make me the person I had become - I'm trying to say I wasn't the same person when I wrote in that diary as I am now. And it was kind of nice to know I never had to go back to that place again - evah!

You keep mentioning suicide. I've been there and I know when you are in the throws of that frame of mind it's hard to rationalize and see any hope. But, maybe, just maybe, metaphorically you can picture your diaries as your life and how upset you are that they are lost - everyone one who loves you would be that much upset and MORE if you were to take your own life. Poof diaries, poof Jenna.

Erase the past and move forward. I used my diary as a venting outlet because I felt no one else would listen - we are all listening and I can only speak for myself, but I enjoy your journal postings.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

((Jenna)))
:sorry

I'm sorry girl, that sucks, I'm really sorry about your journals.
I would be upset if I were you also. Vent away all you want.
You have every right to be upset sweetie. I hope you don't
leave here though, that would be a sad day for us all.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Old 12-07-2007, 08:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Jenna and I and others have been using those threads to document, not just to discuss, vent, chat etc. It''s been like a research project. To lose 4 years of work...think about it...it takes 4 years to get a college degree!
I am just saying this to those who haven't followed the thread and say blow it off, it is in the past.
And yet, Jenna,...we need it to be open and accessible, we need the dialogue.
Man, I was going to write and document a long, long post just now....knowing you would to be able to come back to it.
At least by having shared it for so long, we have shared memories...tho' remember mine is like swiss cheese! How much is that empty duplex in your building????????????
Old 12-16-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

thanks Tena for your perfect words...yes it was 4 years of research/documetation to me. i feel i've lost a huge part of myself and my past...and a lot of it is anger at myself for not making sure i had everything backed up....especially after the last crash....but i was just trying to survive day-to-day. Things like this rattle my faith b/c i had worked under the belief that i was doing what i was meant to...

just like my thief...i thought everything was God's plan and so perfect...now i just feel sick at my stomach.

the duplex? you're kidding right?