Notices

I've Had Enough

Old 11-13-2007, 04:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
On The Bus

I've Had Enough

After one of the most unpleasant work days covering the last 15 years, I guess I have had enough.

A friend and I did some work today for a local restaurant. I work for a beverage company. We had a two hour window to complete what I knew would be at least 4 hours worth of work.

Well at 11 o'clock when we were not done, the owner of the restaurant berated and harangued and belittled both of us for two straight hours. He kept interfering with what we were trying to do, I mean it was just awful to try to work under that pressure and that kind of humiliation and still try to be professional about the whole thing and not explode.

We have no backup where we work either, neither one of our supervisors would have come to bat for us, so basically we are all alone out in the work world with no moral support.

I was so disoriented and emotionally unbalanced the rest of the day that I almost became nauseous over it.

That is when I realized I need to get back to meetings. If not for recovery, then for the people that go to the meetings. The ones that are working on themselves and try to lead a life of service to other people.

Yes I finally have opened my eyes to the fact that I need to be surrounded with some positive people, to help balance out the negativity in this crazy world. I am just happy I have not had to drink over any of this.

And it will be good again to hook up with my HP. Tomorrow night at 6 is the Wednesday nights mens meeting. I will update. Thank you for letting me vent and share about a most unpleasant situation that I have dealt with in a long time.

I am glad though I did not have an angry outburst, because nothing good really becomes out of that situation. Mike
Old 11-13-2007, 04:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Mike! Sorry you had just a horrid day. But I am glad that you did not drink. I am glad your going back to meetings.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have been learning not to 'punish' myself with bad feelings. I have some customers pissed at me and lately, my attitude has been
"your really angry at yourself for hiring me and now your just directing your anger towards me but I ain't accepting it. It's yours, not mine. Have a nice day"

As stupid and as bad for business this may be, I have been sleeping better. Basically, I have been paying more attention to my thoughts and how they affect my feelings. In the past, what people said to me or thought of me would bother me because I would think about it. I am know spending more time thinking about the things that make me feel good.

anyways -
good luck

Dopeless
Old 11-14-2007, 05:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

vent anytime. I'm always here to listen. pm is open too.

KatieRose
Old 11-14-2007, 07:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Hi sweet Bozo....soooo sorry to hear about the rough time at work. Hang in there and yes...meetings....meetings are a great idea!

Old 11-15-2007, 12:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
To Life!

Wow!
That's hard to take, but, you did GREAT!
How'd the meeting go?

PS, it's great to see you again. We've missed you...

Shalom!