Notices

Panic attacks, aniexty, no help

Old 11-09-2007, 03:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living on a prayer

Thank you all so much for your replies! Last night I was able to calm down a bit with hot decaf green tea and doing some relaxed breathing with my son helping me stay focused. I'm still very jittery and anxious, last night after the kids went to bed I fell apart. Cried for 2 hours. I don't understand why, I know there's a lot to deal with right now but this isn't the way to do it. I don't even feel like I'm ME anymore. My body just aches from being so tensed up and everytime I get myself to relax, any little minor thing sets it back off and here we go. I talked to my therapist yesterday on the phone. She gave much similar advice to what you all have given me. I go this morning to see the psychologists that prescribs my meds to see what she thinks about this and if my medication needs to be changed at all. I will try doing Yoga and I want to look for the herbs to help sleep. The nightmares are making sleep disturbed and restless. And to top it off, I feel like a WHINER and I hate that. I really appreciate you guys letting me talk here, I'm pretty sure my husband is about worn out from dealing with this. He has broken down into tears a couple of times because he doesn't know what else to do for me, I can't even imagine what it must be like from his side of this.

*Deep breath* Gonna get through this, fought to hard to overcome to much other crap to let this take me down.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I´m glad to hear this, GraySky.

You´re doing everything right to help yourself, so now you just need to be patient. Anxiety requires patience and healing is a slow journey. No magic tricks there.

Yoga is excellent for anxiety and adds self-confidence and self-esteem, especially if you visualise yourself in the postures.

Passiflorine is French. I´m sorry. I think it´s Passionflower in English and Valerian is both. Your pharmacist should be able to give you more info.

I think you cried from relief, but that´s just my feeling. You are going to see your therapist, and that is such a positive step. Don´t worry about being a whiner and don´t knock yourself. This is a difficult disease and it can take a long time. Bear in mind that therapy can also be stressful, so go slow and be good to yourself.

Keep posting.

Love and light,
Old 11-15-2007, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

My experience with welbutrin is it made me have anxiety. It doesn't do that to everyone.

I learned this technique to do right when I feel it coming on.
Where ever you are, pick out a complicated object, anything at all.
Then look at it and start describing it in extreme detail.
Say it's a quilt. I see the quilt is large enough to fit a full size bed. The colors are pink, yellow, blue and green. When I look at each square I can describe the pattern. In one, it is tiny red flowers with two leaves each. there are 7 of these tiny flowers on this one square. On this other square...

This immediately forces me to really think HARD about something else. I find it works.