Just For The Fun of It

Old 09-24-2007, 02:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Just For The Fun of It

Children do it, animals in the wild do it, and you can benefit greatly from it too. One of the best ways to learn and to grow, to improve, and to gain useful, practical experience, is to play.

Playing is not merely for those who are young or irresponsible. Playing is for anyone who seeks to have a fresh perspective on life.

Begin to play, and you become free of prior limitations. When there is no goal or specific focus to the effort, there is no telling what wondrous and valuable things you will discover.

When you're playing and there are no serious consequences on the line, you're free to experiment with lots of different approaches. Spend some time in which the outcome doesn't matter, and the outcome will be that you gain valuable new insight.

You perform at your best when you're doing something you enjoy. Increase your play, and you can significantly improve your work.

Remember always to set aside some time, energy and resources for play. Explore and experience life just for the fun of it, and enjoy the serious benefits that come from being playful.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks I love playing and having fun.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

When I went for a walk last week I started skipping...yes skipping. It felt good.
You don't have to a child to skip and you can't feel bad while skipping. Try it.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Part of staying balanced, for me, is to make sure that each day has some "fun time". If nothing else, having fun is a good way to take my mind off all the "seriousness" of life and just let go.

Now, you KNOW I'm going to be trying that skipping, lol, maybe when I take my cat for a walk.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I agree. I love to PLAY. There was a time when I felt I had to "act like a grown up" all the time, and I quit playing.

Now I have learned that I can find balance in my life in this area, too! I allow myself time to be carefree and playful. I love to color, I like to walk in the rain and stomp in the puddles. I love to blow bubbles... and I love to lay on my back and look at the clouds.

What a wonderful post to start my day, Ann! Thanks
Old 09-24-2007, 12:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Originally Posted by CatsPajamas View Post
I agree. I love to PLAY. There was a time when I felt I had to "act like a grown up" all the time, and I quit playing.

Now I have learned that I can find balance in my life in this area, too! I allow myself time to be carefree and playful. I love to color, I like to walk in the rain and stomp in the puddles. I love to blow bubbles... and I love to lay on my back and look at the clouds.

What a wonderful post to start my day, Ann! Thanks
CatPJs DITTO on the way I use to feel and now I try to practice "playing" everyday, however it does not always work but progress not perfection!

Blowing bubbles hmmmm my little fur baby (Lhasa Apso) loves bubbles so I buy bubbles and the neat gadgets for her (notice the for her! ) .....and laying on the grass has always been a relaxing one for me too!

Walking on the trails in the woods-and sitting by the lake- or walking along the beach splashing in the waves!

Great post ANN! Thank you!
Old 09-26-2007, 04:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

My favourite game is playing with kids and grandkids in a pool, I always get to be the mama whale????? I can't think why lol, I do make quite a splash though.