Notices

Normal Life

Old 09-12-2007, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Well

Normal Life

I am very anxious today. I believe todays anxiety is from a talk I had with my daughter last night. She said she wished she had a normal life. And since I am not sure what a normal life looks like I don't know how to help her and am terified she one day will end up feeling like I do right now.

I also have not been working for the last 3 months and am debating going back to work. I think getting out of the house everyday would be nice. And having some interaction with other people might help me not to obsess about my anxiety. On the other hand I don't know how much stress I can handle. Just getting out of bed these days seems difficult.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Bluenena,

I know exactly what you mean. I have a grown daughter and Iīm my nieceīs ward. She is nine years old and just started ballet lessons. I was so proud of her today, because she is so smart and beautiful.

But she has anxiety attacks and Iīm afraid itīs from me and my side of the family. She has never had a normal life either because she has traveled all over the world since the age of four, either with me or her father who is well known. She is attracted to kids who lead a more conventional lifestyle.

Could it be that?

My advice, only in my experience: Ask her what is normal to her. Every kid has a different idea.

About working, I donīt really know how your circumstances are, but I believe in the value of work to help anxiety, if itīs not too much. It calms me down when Iīm anxious. Itīs great to get out of the house. Isolation can be difficult, you know. In my experience, itīs not good to focus on the anxiety. Do something to get your mind of it.

Hope it helps, let me know.

Love and light,
Old 09-17-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I tried taking a vacation and just doing nothing. That lasted two weeks. I nearly lost it. I thought thats what I wanted to do, was just retire and sit idle.

I had to go back to work. I needed a big reason to get out of bed every morn.

I found that helping others (volunteer work, etc) was a biggie in helping me forget about my own petty probs.

Also, exercise is important for anxiety reduction. Just taking walks around your favorite parks might help.

Take your time, im sure you'll find your way soon.

Intro