Having Enough

Old 08-29-2007, 03:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Having Enough

The only difference between needing more and having enough is your attitude. At any time, in any circumstance, you always have the option of deciding that you are enough, and that you already have enough for the moment you're in.

Always longing for more will eventually wear you down into a painful, frustrating and overwhelming sense of disillusionment. Having enough, on the other hand, puts you into a peaceful, positive and productive state of mind.

Just imagine how completely satisfying it would be to suddenly have everything you need. You can know that satisfaction right now, in this very moment, just by allowing yourself to have enough.

It costs you nothing to decide that you have enough. For having enough does not preclude you from creating more abundance in your life.

In fact, having enough sets your creativity free and allows your effectiveness to soar to new heights. When you get away from the stifling mindset of lack and limitation, truly magnificent things will happen.

By having enough, your struggles disappear and are replaced with countless opportunities for real joy. See right now that you have enough, and delight in the warm and genuine richness it brings.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I worked, once, for a woman who literally had a couple of hundred million dollars, and who had everything you could ever buy and had seen the world as far as money could take you. She had the fancy car, the mansion, and all the money she could ever need....and she still did not have happiness or serenity in her life.

That was a great lesson to me, having that front row seat to the life of the rich and famous. I remember thinking that if I had the choice to have everything she had and live the life she was living or to start my life again with $100 and nothing else but have MY life, I would choose the latter.

The things that matter most in life have nothing to do with money or "stuff". The things in life, like love, serenity, freedom of choice, and wonderful friendships, cannot be bought.

Sure money could remove some of my headaches and pay the bills, but that alone would never bring me happiness.

Having dreams, living life well while I chased them, is a treasure that has no monitary value. They are priceless gifts that come from God and this program and that I can build in my heart without paying a cent.

Just for today I will remember to be grateful for the many gifts life has given me, none of which can be bought but all of which can be shared and increase in value from the sharing.

Hugs
Old 08-29-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I completely agree Ann
Old 08-29-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
I worked, once, for a woman who literally had a couple of hundred million dollars, and who had everything you could ever buy and had seen the world as far as money could take you. She had the fancy car, the mansion, and all the money she could ever need....and she still did not have happiness or serenity in her life.
I noticed a headline today that said Leona Hemsley left $12 million to her dog and nothing to her grand kids. Sad.