Notices

Countering sleepiness

Old 08-25-2007, 12:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Countering sleepiness

When I take my xanax in the afternoon, I feel sleepy to the point where I just want to lay on the sofa and sleep but I know I shouldn't. If I get a call from a friend saying "Hey, I need you to come out and help me with something." or something like that, once I'm out, I'm OK and feeling 'not sleepy'. But when night rolls around, the opposite is true...I don't feel sleepy at all at home, but if I go out, all I want to do is go home. I need something to counter act the sleepiness. After this post I'm gonna try a cold shower to see if that wakes me up...it's 4.30pm and I've got the day off but I'm already tired.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hey Da Vinci, you could try Xanax SR (slow release). It releases the Xanax more gradually in a couple of hours, instead of the single dosage that works for only 2-3 hours and makes you sleepy.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi DaVinci,

Have your tried green tea? My brother is a doctor and he always said it kept him sane during his 36 hour workshifts the final year in med school.

I drink green tea every day and I find it helps if I´m sleepy and need to be alert. When I occasionally need to take Rivotril during the day, it´s the medication I have been prescribed (1-2 mg), green tea helps.

All the best,
Old 08-25-2007, 06:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah, while training I was taking a green tea supplement the equivalent of 20 cups of green tea. Green tea isn't that strong, and I think from all the years of taking the supplement that I've been de-sensitized to caffeine...which is why I'm trying to cut back as I also drink diet coke.

BTW...the cold shower did work...but it took a while and it was quite boring sitting there.