Notices

More prayers pleeeeeseee!!

Old 08-19-2007, 02:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

More prayers pleeeeeseee!!

oh, my back was doing so good and i've re-injured it again. It's so painful. Please continue all your wonderful healing prayers as I believe all the prayers had helped it heal so quickly early this week.

The pain had nearly vanished completely...until i had to go and twist it while trying to re-fasten my shoe...then nephews jumped on me while giving hugs.

Oh man. Thank you Lord for left-over pain pills!!
Old 08-19-2007, 06:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was hoping you had some left!
Old 08-19-2007, 12:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope it heals quickly, shutterbug

D
Old 08-19-2007, 05:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank u both...it is 80 percent better than was this morning and last night!

I've kept a cold ice pack on it all morning and afternoon (and NO heat) and i think that has really helped to numb pain or relieve pain and reduce swelling.

I'm too young to be having this much back problems already! *pouting*
Old 08-19-2007, 05:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

Shutterbug,
I've had back surgery, and I'm back in PT for a different back problem.
Please, take it easy on your back. We can't return it for another one!

Heat in the morning to loosen it up.
Ice after you've done something to irritate it -- even doc's exercise routine, (which I hope you have!) to strengthen it.
But, you do need both.

Shalom!
Old 08-19-2007, 06:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ummm....problems with insurance still not worked out....haven't been to a doc yet! (and yeah i'm still p.o'd about that!)

I had been applying heat, but it didn't seem to help at all and actually maybe made it feel worse. Just cold compresses seem to really work wonders tho!

Thanks...and you are right about not being able to ever get another one....wish that line of thinking could get me to stop damaging my destroyed lungs further from continuing to smoke tho!!

man....i'm a falling apart mess.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To Life!

Well, ya know, we may BOTH be falling apart, Shutterbug...
But, we are NOT a mess!

See my thead on quitting smoking. I did it after 36 years of smoking. At my worst, I was smoking more than 3 packs a day! Norm was 2 packs, though. Oh, like that's not bad enough...

Today, I am One year, eight months, three weeks, 16 hours, 46 minutes and 35 seconds nicotine free. That's 25147 cigarettes not smoked, saving $6,915.23. Life saved: 12 weeks, 3 days, 7 hours, 35 minutes. If *I* can do it, anyone can!

Come on and join us in the nicotine cessation forum! We don't bite, even if you have problems. But, do know that studies show that most quitters have attempted to quit multiple times before they are successful. Each time we relapse, we learn a bit more about the whys of our smoking and of our relapse. Those *practice runs* help us become successful eventually! Yea, they do! LOL!

Shalom!
Old 08-19-2007, 09:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

congrats...wonderful to hear about that.

i quit pretty easily once in college for about a month or two. I had just gained 100 pounds in a single year (from the first major depressive episode and i suspect some other factors too) and when i realized i was gaining about 10-15 pounds by not smoking...well, my self-esteem about my body was so low that i couldn't face getting any fatter.

So...picked up without hesitation. that was at least 8 years ago.

i'm too dependent on them right now, tho i have cut back quite a bit by not smoking in my new place (as i've always smoked in my house, apartment, dorm) and by not having to commute 80 minutes a day just to get to work and back (chain smoke in car).

i'm determined to get to a quitting stage, but with all the depression and anxiety i've got going on in life right now....i just can't even think about it really.

i will come visit the forum eventually....save me a seat
Old 08-31-2007, 06:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

How'a your back?
Old 08-31-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sorry, typo. Meant to say How's your back?
Old 08-31-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

I too have developed back issues due to being rear ended while stopped at a crosswalk. I developed two herniated, bulging discs. It has been almost two years since the accident. I am amazed at how my life has been changed by this. I have put on 40 pounds due to limited activity. I used to be quite active. I have tried chiropractors, accupuncture, physical therapy, oxycodone, oxycontin, neurontin, steroid injections in my spine, and I am sure there are more things I am forgeting. The only things I have found that have given me relief have been lots of ice packs and about a month and a half ago I bought a TENS unit per my MD's recommendation. I am amazed at how well the TENS unit has managed my pain. For the first time in nearly 2 years I have had a week without pain. I did use the TENS unit several times a day for the first 3 weeks I had it. I realize that they do not work for some people but my experience has been great. I finally feel like there is hope that I can get my life back without having to live in constant pain. I am surprised though that electrical stimulation can have that much effect on the healing process. At this point I don't care about the why so much as the fact that it has worked for me. I don't know if it is something you can afford or not, they run around $100, but if you can you might talk with your doctor about it. It might also be something your insurance will pay for. Good luck. Rember to keep working at getting better because you never know what will work until you try it.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Much better katie. trip to ER last week revealed it was a kidney infection causing all that stinking pain! just a couple days of antibiotics and poof...all better. well, i say that, but i shot a wedding last night and 3+ hours of lugging all my camera equipment around and bending to get shots and even climbing a latter up to a loft...well and it was hurting again before the event was over. still sore today, but NOTHING like it was doing me before. i had planned to load rest of my heavy stuff to move to new house today (as truck is only availble this weekend), but i dont' want to spend the rest of the weekend hurting...so i'm putting it off until monday.

sorry to hear about all that Nandm. My greatest friend, Tena (liveweyered) here on SR also just got a TENs unit that her husband and her also use. she said it's helped them too. i've only heard of it from her references, and now yours, but i'm surprised to hear that such a thing only costs around $100! So glad it is helping you!!

hugs,
Jenna