Waves of Now

Old 07-31-2007, 01:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Waves of Now

The problems may be great, yet your ability to successfully deal with them is greater. Each disappointment can be painful, and yet through that pain you are compelled to grow stronger and more capable.

Life goes on, and each moment brings new positive possibilities. You live, you learn, you experience, and through it all you become more fully alive than ever.

You have carried with you to this moment all the joy and beauty you've ever known. Now you are in a position to discover and to fulfill even more.

Seek not to fight against what is. For within what is, the very real opportunity exists for precisely what you wish to be.

In whatever may come your way, you can find the energy and substance to bring your own dreams to life. Run eagerly to greet each moment, for in each moment is the opportunity to fully live.

Life's sparkling treasure rolls in on endless waves of now. Appreciate the depth and the vastness of that treasure, and it is yours.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The problems may be great, yet your ability to successfully deal with them is greater. Each disappointment can be painful, and yet through that pain you are compelled to grow stronger and more capable.
Reading this today, I am grateful for the strength recovery has given me. What would have knocked me down and left me winded a couple of years ago, would only cause me to catch my breath and carry on today. Today I see obstacles and disappointments as God's way of leading me to a different path and hindsight has shown me that the new path is always better than the one I was on.

It's all about an attitude of gratitude, for me.

Hugs
Old 07-31-2007, 08:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Rigorous honesty- At times I still get stuck or slip back into old behavior. Alcoholic thinking creeps in and I begin to isolate and let the stinking thinking begin again.

But like you said, it's all about an attitude of gratitude, recovery gives me the spiritual toolkit to experience life with the wondering eyes of a child, to appreciate what I have just for today.

Thanks for sharing, Ann.