Notices

Depression

Old 07-30-2007, 08:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Depression

I have been on medication for 2 years now for depression and anxiety. Through all the counseling I have gone through and the medication I seem to still have the tired all the time feeling and that I am overwhelmed by things. Does this mean that my medication needs to be changed? I have been on Cymbalta for 2 years now.

Suggestion?
thanks
Old 07-30-2007, 08:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's hard...I've been dealing with depression for about 6 years now. I added alcohol into the mix a couple years ago-which didn't help ANYTHING. But I do know when I switched from Prozac to Wellbutrin it dramatically changed my life. I had a rough period while on the Wellbutrin and decided to go off it...I sank into a coma-like state. It was HORRIBLE. I lived on my couch for three months.

I started taking the Wellbutrin again and along with therapy got myself back into working order...then added alcohol and the work I did started crumbling (another story, I know) So I hope that helps. Talk with your/a psychiatrist. That's what they're there for I wish you the best.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I pulled off your wings ...

Originally Posted by mps101 View Post
That's hard...I've been dealing with depression for about 6 years now. I added alcohol into the mix a couple years ago-which didn't help ANYTHING. But I do know when I switched from Prozac to Wellbutrin it dramatically changed my life. I had a rough period while on the Wellbutrin and decided to go off it...I sank into a coma-like state. It was HORRIBLE. I lived on my couch for three months.

I started taking the Wellbutrin again and along with therapy got myself back into working order...then added alcohol and the work I did started crumbling (another story, I know) So I hope that helps. Talk with your/a psychiatrist. That's what they're there for I wish you the best.

I was on Wellbutrin XL and I couldnt cope I almost committed suicide on it, went from that to prozac with same effect, to Zoloft and had brain zaps to the point i couldnt do anything, to now Lithium which i start today
Ive had depression from age 15 to 26 I dont cut myself anymore and thats a biggie for me but that was stopped because i had a good rehab program
the drugs i dunno yet
lets hope this works
Old 07-30-2007, 09:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah...I it is really hard I recently added another drug into the mix and it really screwed with my head...suicidal stuff. that whole thing. it was horrible. but as much as i don't want to i believe sometimes is that (for me) medication is a necessary part of the equation. i hope you find something that works.

That's amazing that you stopped cutting. Good for you. I never had those experiences but I can only imagine...hope to see you around the boards.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I pulled off your wings ...

I see your a new yorker as am i we are tough as nails!!!!
Yeah cutting was so hard to kick its such an addiction i actually had rushes from it. I did it from my teens to 2 years ago so im 2 years clean of that
and 2 days clean of drugs so we will see
Im glad you found something that works for you and your doing so great!
Old 07-30-2007, 09:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes a new yorker... Good job on your 2 days. That's huge. I'm still trying to figure the drug (medication) thing out but feel a lot closer to finding "the right fit" I am thankful for that.

As for alcohol I've been getting sober than "testing myself" with alcohol and failing. So I'm only on day 4 this time...but made it through a weekend where booze was flowing freely (and was free!) and i was on Vacation. I hope hear from you on your THIRD day! Way to go.