Notices

From Cymbalta to Lithium

Old 07-30-2007, 04:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I pulled off your wings ...

From Cymbalta to Lithium

Well , I didnt even take the Cymbalta I was given .... I was afraid! Imagine a former pill popper afraid to take a pill? Wow. I didnt wanna take it because I heard so many people have unfortunately had very serious side effects. (not scaring any of you who are on it this is just what i heard)
Ive attempted suicide many many times so I dont need anything trying to bring back those feelings.
I went to my doctor for my medical dextox from Vicodin. I told him and based on my history of mental illness, he suggested I take Lithium.
Now, I didnt know I was that bad. I mean yes my moods tend to jump alot but not as much that would warrant Lithium. Im not Bipolar, I have major depressive disorder, Anxiety Disorder and Boarderline Personality Disorder. (for those who dont know what that is it's a disorder given to people who self-mutilate and have a distorted view of themselves with intense fear of abandonment)
Im not asking whether or not I should take this, Im not asking for medical jargon .. thats not the questions im asking... im asking the people on here who might be taking Lithium right now I would like for you to share your stories with it and give me a little background on maybe what possibly expect.
Not feeling alone is important
Thank you all.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lithium isn't just for bipolars, it can help even things out so your lows aren't so low, and it can take the edge off. Some people still associate lithium with "omg...lithium", but it really can help people who haven't been able to find some stability/consistency.

-p
Old 07-30-2007, 08:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I pulled off your wings ...

Originally Posted by pedagogue View Post
Lithium isn't just for bipolars, it can help even things out so your lows aren't so low, and it can take the edge off. Some people still associate lithium with "omg...lithium", but it really can help people who haven't been able to find some stability/consistency.

-p

yeah your right. just seemed like he jumped into giving it to me ... like he went from 0 - 1000 you know?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by igetallnumb View Post
yeah your right. just seemed like he jumped into giving it to me ... like he went from 0 - 1000 you know?
People don't like large numbers when it comes to meds, and that tends to be an issue with lithium. Meds have a different potency (the amount it takes to cause a certain effect), so sometimes it take 1mg of something, and other times it takes 1000mg.....to have the same effect. If it makes you feel better, that is around the typical starting dose, depending on a bunch of factors. If you have questions, you should call up your doc and let him/her know....it is a common concern, and you will probably feel better if you get your questions answered.

-p