Peaceful and Calm

Old 07-17-2007, 02:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Peaceful and Calm

You can choose to be annoyed by just about everything. But why would you wish to be annoyed by anything?

As easily as you can choose to be annoyed, you can choose to be peaceful, patient and understanding. Instead of putting your energy into being annoyed, you can put it into more valuable and productive pursuits.

Would you like to make yourself into a victim, or would you prefer to be firmly in control of your life? Peaceful patience, tolerance and acceptance will keep you in control.

If there is a situation that needs to be changed, take action to make that change happen. Don't waste your time with being annoyed.

The next time you encounter a situation that would normally annoy you, stop and remember that you have another choice. Instead of letting outside events control your attitude, choose to control it yourself.

Being annoyed is a waste of your life. Be peaceful, calm and powerful instead.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I lived my life in chaos for so many years that today I have a physical and emotional need to stay in "calm". Today an adrenaline rush can throw me off balance.

I do this by self-talk sometimes, reminding myself of what matters and what doesn't, reminding myself that just because somebody else is angry or being difficult doesn't mean I have to take any ownership of their behaviour. I remind myself I have choices and one choice can be to stay calm and not become a "reaction" of those around me.

When self-talk doesn't work, the Serenity Prayer usually does.

Hugs
Old 07-17-2007, 04:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I really, really needed this today dear Ann. Thank you

hugs Annie
Old 07-17-2007, 04:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This sounds so good, I wish I could "remain calm" when my 3 yr old is throwing her fits. I try to ignore her so she sees it's not getting her anywhere and somedays I do that better than others.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cookconfay View Post
This sounds so good, I wish I could "remain calm" when my 3 yr old is throwing her fits. I try to ignore her so she sees it's not getting her anywhere and somedays I do that better than others.

I know what you mean...and it takes practice...sometimes for me ear plugs work. Other days I need to put on the headset and let my music take me to the calm place.
The calm is a pretty cool place to be...Thank you Ann