Notices

A once a week thing

Old 07-01-2007, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A once a week thing

It seems that at least once a week I have to have a bad day...as in a panicy, anxious not feeling like much type of day. Today would be that day, or evening anyways. I spent the day walking around taking photographs with my wife, ate dinner at a nice Italian restaurant, did a little more shopping. My wife gave me permission to buy a flash for my camera, something I've been wanting but never really wanted to spend the money (It's 300USD)...but we made some good money in the last few months and we were feeling good. After doing the normal shopping I went to the electronics store around 7pm...when I arrived I noticed I was dizzy. I didn't feel sick, didn't feel nausious or anything, just unbalanced and dizzy. Even when I closed my eyes I felt it. I tried remembering if I took the right amount of meds in the afternoon, and I'm sure I did. Nothing out of the ordinary stuck out. It didn't really bother me, I thought maybe that it was my bag (A shoulder bag, kinda) it was pretty heavy, so I thought I was putting strain somewhere...but I have had this kind of weight before. My eyes also seemed more sensative to the lights. After buying the flash I was pretty excited. When I got home my wife mentioned she forgot to get something. Being all excited I said "No worries, I'll go get it." The supermarket is just around the corner. When I got there, out of the blue, it felt like someone had pulled on my bag (My bag was no pretty much empty, so no weight). I didn't slip...so that's when the panicy started. I got in, out and dashed home. Told my wife I thought I was having an attack or that something was wrong...I didn't know which (Since you really can't tell). Took my meds an hour early, and it's calmed me down. My eyes are still a bit sensative (I close my eyes every minute or so after looking at this screen) The dizziness is gone pretty much, but I'm pissed off because I don't know why this happened. I'll bring it up with my doc but I'm sure I'll get the "You might have been over excited." or "The bag was heavy."...but of course he can't be certain, and neither can I. Not knowing sucks.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry you had a bad day; but I'm glad your feeling better..
Old 07-08-2007, 04:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Davinci,

Terrible isnt it? Its hard to receive encouragement in the midst of an attack too.

If someone tried to talk me down during an attack, I know in my mind they're right, but the way I feel is the exact opposite. Oh, I know it will pass, but easier said than done.

Monday mornings are especially bad. Yes, its due to bingeing thru the weekend. I would arrive in my office at 5am due to sleeplessness. Lock the door and wont answer a knock or call. Just dont want to be seen in that condition.

Its terrible, but as an alcoholic, we're strange creatures of habit and gluttons for punishment.

Intro
Old 07-10-2007, 03:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

@Intro

I know what you mean. I was always in a state of anxiety with minor panic attacks in the morning after heavy drinking. Now I am sober for 10 days and guess what? The panic attacks got even worse, only I have them in the evening now. Must be because alcohol acted as a depressant. I am on 5 mg of Lexapro but it doesn't seem to work at all.

@DaVinci
My panic attacks start usually in the same way. A dizzy feeling, like your sight is going "out of focus" for a split second, and often also nausea. Then that strange warm feeling over your body which causes me to think something is wrong: heart attack, braindamage, liver failure, you name it and it goes trough my mind. This is where the real panic starts and like intro said, my mind knows I am wrong but my body is telling me exact the opposite.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mine start the same way, and sometimes continue in varying degrees for several days