Notices

Odd craving...

Old 06-10-2007, 06:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Odd craving...

OK, so this new SSRI is helping much better than the Paxil (Mentally) but I've got stomach pains for about an hour after taking it, but nothing I can't handle (Except for today when I took it on an empty stomach. It felt like fire). Anyways, last night for the first time ever, I woke up at about 7am with the most incredible craving for something sweet. I don't really like sweet food all that much. I actually woke up, got some Moccha Coffee bread (A snack bread here in Japan) and ate it and went right back to bed. It was like having the munchies...a very odd feeling. I don't know that it has anything to do with the medicine. I will bring it up at my next appointment, just thought I would share and see if anyone has every experienced anything similar.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have had that reaction to some meds...don't remember if Paxil did it, but almost all the sleep meds did. I would even eat in my sleep...and yes, sweets, which normally I am not into.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm not on the Paxil anymore, it's another one. Depromel is the brand name. I'm just glad I bought the sweet bread for my mother-in-law that night...I think I would've actually gone down to the store to get something. I stocked up a bit today JUST in case.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Marijuana acts using a similar mechanism as SSRIs, so it wouldn't be surprising to me that you might experience "pot" like side effects. Since I don't tolerate SSRIs for beans, I never did enjoy smoking pot, so I can't relate to the munchy thing.