Notices

the meds are helping me...

Old 06-07-2007, 02:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the meds are helping me...

hi all.....i just wanted to let you know that I am feeling much better these days...I'm sure it's due to a combination of therapy for 9 months,getting sober,and increased meds.....My doc increased my effexor to 225 mg,and gave me a Rx for Xanax,to take only when needed.had to go to a four day wedding weekend and had alot of anxiety about people,and resisiting the alchohol for four days.I did take 1/2 a tablet of xanax in the morning,and the other half mid afternoon,and I was OK through it all...I felt some anxiety,but it didn't get to the point where i had palpitations,sweats,or the shakes.....and i managed to stay sober through it all.
I still have to work through the anxiety issues...i know the meds are no CURE for anxiety.....people scare me...i have a hard time on the phone,going into a store where you have to ask for help,anything that involves talking to strangers.My therapist says that when you quit drinking,you feel like you're going through life NAKED.....and she is right...the things that scared me when i was drinking,now TERRIFIES me......everything is exaggerated....
so, while I work through the anxiety in my head,the meds are helping my body stay calm....KT
Old 06-07-2007, 02:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! Let's hope that you stay on a roll. I don't have the alcohol to get passed (I don't really drink) but I do have the anxiety and know what that feels like, although mine doesn't come from having people around, I don't know where mine comes from really.

Keeps us up to date.