Now That You're Here

Old 05-30-2007, 02:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Now That You're Here

This is the moment you've been moving toward ever since the day you were born. The world you see in front of you now is the world you've long been expecting.

Now that you're here, perhaps there are some things that you find to be disappointing. Look beyond the disappointment, though, and you'll see so very much more.

You'll see within yourself a lifetime of experience that's more extensive now than ever before. You'll see opportunities for making use of that experience to create new unique and meaningful value.

You'll realize that no matter how much you've already done, there is always some new gift that you can give to life. You'll understand that no matter what may have happened before, there is always a way to move positively forward.

Now that you're here, you can learn from the past and begin to create the future. Now that you're here, you can think and feel and dream and act in accordance with your most treasured purpose.

You've traveled through a lot of living to get to this moment. Now is when you can truly fulfill the best of your possibilities.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Now that you're here, you can learn from the past and begin to create the future. Now that you're here, you can think and feel and dream and act in accordance with your most treasured purpose.
I can't change a moment of my past, but I can treasure the wonderful memories and I can use the hard times as lessons, learn from it all and take those lessons with me today as I begin again. I can take my times of darkness and use them to remind me to keep the light of faith glowing in gratitude for all the gifts recovery has given me.

Hugs
Old 05-30-2007, 06:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Letting Go and Letting God

Focus on Today

Thank you again!!! I read these daily, even though I don't always post. I'm sure there are others that do the same.

Focusing on today is a learned behavior. Before recovery, I had no clue what "today" meant. I'm so glad I know the definition and can feel the day and be greatful for the small things the day brings.

A sponsee called me this morning and she is 60 days sober and from what she described, she's going through PAWS--the confusing, forgetful, clumsy stage of recovery. I remember that experience and I told her that she is blessed to be experiencing it because it is just one more hurdle she will clear in her journey. It does get better.

Anyway, I'm going to a meeting at noon today because it's been over a week. I wish you all a meaningful and joyful day and today is a good day to be sober.