Notices

You all may remember me, I'm on Prozac 10mg now...

Old 05-24-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Lightbulb You all may remember me, I'm on Prozac 10mg now...

Hello all, I'm mainly from the Alcoholic Forums but I have decided to be here due to my OCD/Depression/Anxiety disorders. I'm on Prozac 10mg just switched to it today my shrink thought it is best and I'm weening off the Effectzor 75mg, I was on Effectzor 150mg and it was RIPPING me apart in depression/anger... everyone around me noticed my problems. So I'm just here to talk about all this stuff and be updated/etc if anyone cares.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Paulos! This forum can be a bit slow sometimes. Hope the Paxil is helpful for you - everybody seems to have different reactions to different drugs. Take care!
Old 05-26-2007, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I'm uh, on Prozac, not Paxil... Paxil messed me up real bad once long ago so I'll never try that again.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry, Paulos - that's what I meant.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

I hope it helps Paulos.. My son takes it and it helps him a great deal. Take Care
Old 05-27-2007, 06:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Even within the same family, the different drugs can do strange things. For me, any SSRI is going to be bad, it's just a matter of how bad. I don't remember which one it was, but one of them was so bad I could no longer differentiate reality from non-reality. Most of the other SSRIs just made my physically ill.

I hope this one works for you with no nasty side effects.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Paulos. Are you still drinking ? If not, the anxiety doesn't lift for at least 60 days. At least thats how it was for me. It was that or depression. Or I'd just clean house like a mad man.

If so, it won't go away until you do.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I don't have bursts of energy sadly, Glass, and thanks for asking I'm on a rehab system of stopping drinking for a very long time thanks to my new medication Prozac, 10mg now, with NO Effectzor... so I've been going through hecticness, but I'm dealing slightly. Blah :p
Old 06-01-2007, 08:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

So dizzy from Effectzor Withdrawl, my god... so dizzy... so... damn dizzy.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wink

I am surprised that you are only on 10 mg of Prozac. I take 20 mg and have been told it is a small/standard starting dose. I hope you like the prozac. It helped me with falling asleep at night and not obsessing about certain things. I take mine at night cause it makes me yawn and get sleepy. In the morning, I take Wellbutrin which helps me focus. It sucks to have to take meds everyday. I hate how some people think you are crazy just by taking an antidepressant. They are wonderful. Think of all the people who suffered from depression in the past and had no hope. Now we can use these drugs to help us along with other researched and evidence based methods to reduce depression/anxiety. Eating right, getting enough sleep, exercising, and talking about our feelings do wonders too. I hope all works well for you.