Path to Victory

Old 05-08-2007, 02:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Path to Victory

From this moment, there is a path that leads toward victory and another path that leads toward defeat. Which path is your awareness focused upon?

Each pathway is equally valid, equally realistic, and equally accessible. Which path have you chosen to follow?

The particular circumstances of this moment don't really matter that much. What matters is what you decide to do with what you have right now.

Know, without a doubt, that there is a very real path that goes from where you are now to where you would most like to be. Know it and you will surely see it.

Always, there is hope, for always you can take a step forward. Step by step, you can work your way to any place you choose.

Get yourself on the path that leads to victory, to accomplishment and fulfillment of your most deeply held purposes. That path is surely here right now, ready for you to take the next step.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

One of the finest speakers I ever met was a fellow named Kofi who often said that we are either working on recovery or we are working on a relapse, there is no in-between.

Experience taught me how profound yet true that statement is. When I work my recovery, remembering to begin each day connecting with my HP and practicing the principals in all my affairs, I find peace, balance and serenity. And when I don't, when I become complacent, I find myself wandering in dangerous territory.

The longer I am in recovery, the more gifts I discover, the more I KNOW that this is a good way to live and that my life can unfold in exciting, beautiful ways one day at a time.

Hugs
Old 05-08-2007, 10:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Yes Ann....

I can look back and know that whenever I entered the oasis of complacency I ran

out of water...and walked into the desert of self pity.

Complacency..the wasteland where we become our own worst enemy.

Love,

and thanks for the reminder...

:

Sherry