Notices

no title

Old 05-02-2007, 08:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~Amanda~

no title

I had another appointment with my therapist. It went ok. We talked as usual she asked me questions about what goals I'd want to reach with treatment and such. We also listened to a cd and did these breathing excersizes. I felt alot better after doing them. I'd rather have the cd tho and do them while listening to the man. The cd was called Breath and it was by some guy with the last name Weil. Who ever he is I felt better doing these breathing excersizes listening to him than doing them off the paper the doctor gave me. My next appointment is May 11th but that is going to be my 1st appointment with the psychiatrist. I hope that goes well. Then I have another appointment with the therapist on June 1st and then June 15th....I had no idea that she schduled it for June 15th until I got home and checked when my Primary Doctors appointment and sure enough it was June 15th so now I have one appointment at 9am and another at 11am....lol....opps.... I'm still taking the lexapro and everything seems to be okay....but we'll see on May 11th if the psychiatrist will prescrible me with anything else.... Also if you all dont know I started working again. I work with my Girlfriend at a UPS for a company called AVI. We make food and stuff for the drivers and all the workers of UPS. I started just this Monday and its been going good. I'm stressin a bit tho because I have no idea whats going on about the hours and such.... But I'm gonna get that sitution tomarrow.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dear Amanda930,

Sounds like you are on the road to healing, my friend & I think you should give yourself a pat on the back....
You are learning to manage your Anxiety, through the breathing exercises your therapist is teaching you & I pray that through the medication & therapy, you will achieve wholeness....
And on top of all that you have been enjoying your new job, & it is great that you are working with your friend....
God Bess you, Amanda930...I will keep praying that God continues to guide you & bless you, in all that you do....
Old 05-03-2007, 04:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad you sound like you're doing okay with your therapy meetings.

As for breathing exercises, sometimes just being able to sit or lie in a still area (quiet & no interuptions) and just say "inhale" or "exhale" in your mind each time you breathe can be very calming. (You're not trying to change your breathing patterns, you're just trying to focus on your breathing - how it feels, which parts of you move, etc - the saying 'inhale/exhale' just helps keep those intrusive thoughts from jumping in when you don't want them to, and if they do, you can acknowledge the thought, but then go back to thinking 'inhale/exhale' with each breath). I find this to be the simplest and most calming exercise - maybe it's so calming because it is so simple.

I can be breathing fast and shallow when I start it, and within 30 seconds my breathing will have become more natural, just by focusing on it, without actively trying to change it.