Notices

Fight that leads to anxiety - Why start a fight?

Old 04-25-2007, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fight that leads to anxiety - Why start a fight?

One of my hobbies is photography. It's a great hobby. I take all kinds of photos and work with them on my computer to produce some, what I think, are good photos. I enter a weekly online contest just to put my skills up against some others. Sometimes I do really well, other times not so well. All for different reasons.

Anyways, my wife made a comment saying "I think you should get a model." I thought maybe she was just trying to make conversation. I told her I didn't need a model, that I had her. She is a beautiful woman, even if she doesn't think so. She kept making the comment, and trying to make it a point that others were using professional models (These people are pro photographers and have free access to studios and models etc...so obviously I'm at a bit of a disadvantage there, but I don't care.). I explain that I'm happy using family and friends, and that not all my shots are people. She kept PUSHING...saying "We can go out, look for someone who is beautiful, see if they are interested." SO I explained AGAIN that I didn't need to do it. AND she went on again and again...it was like photography was my job and by not using models I was causing myself and my family harm. I lost it a bit and said "Is there something you didn't understand in the last couple of phrases I used that included I DON'T NEED or WANT a professional model?" The conversation ended.

The thing is...this was an unimportant issue. Why make a big deal out of something like this. It was like she was a salesperson trying to sell me something I didn't need and annoying the hell out of me in the process. I don't want to bring it up with her, and ask her why, because I'm sure it will lead to a more serious arguement and stress...that's why I'm here bitching about it.

If she were trying to get me to do something that NEEDED to be done, and I wasn't doing it, maybe then I could see why there was pressure on the issue. But not this...this was such a minor thing that should've ended with my first words of "I don't need..." Besides...it's not like I can actually afford a model for a shoot that I wouldn't make ANY money off of in the first place.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~Amanda~

Maybe your wife feels pressured and maybe she doesnt like the way she looks but you need to sit her down and tell her how beautiful she is and how you love having her in your photos. Arguing is a horrible thing whenyour doing with someone you love and to argue about something unimportant is does just dumb. I know my girlfriend and I have some many arugements that are unimportant but we get through it. I hope something works out for you.... good luck
Old 04-25-2007, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

From some of your past posts, it seems as if your wife has some OCD. It seems like it reared its head in that argument.