Notices

How would you categorize these people?

Old 04-20-2007, 11:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

How would you categorize these people?

I have a long time (ex) friend whom my daughter rents from. We are no longer friends because she is (IMO) a greedy, self centered, mentally ill person. Anyway, your opinions please. This woman is 47 years old, always lived at home w/her parents until they died. She lived in the basement apt., never paid a dime of rent (even tho her husband worked 2 full time jobs), spent money constantly trying to "keep up with the Jones", filing bankruptcy 3 times, owes the IRS tons of money (and is not even worried), before her parents went into a nursing home, they transferred the deed to their house to their 3 children (my friend is one of them) with the understand that my friend could live there forever. My friend mortgaged the place (which was free and clear) to the hilt, didn't pay mortgage payments for over 2 years, had me call and pretend I was her to keep her out of foreclosure, I have lent her money (all the while her husband working 2 jobs, her working 1), finally they were going to foreclose on the house, her brother bailed her out and put the mortgage in his name, then my friend's husband (who she treated like a dog, cursed at every day, and made him clean the house from top to bottom before he could sleep) died as a result of a car accident, she stood to gain $500,000 (double indemnity) from the life insurance cause of accident death, she only got the original $250,000 cause there were other contributing factors, she spent that already (this was only last year), claims she is in therapy for over a year cause she is a grieving widow, her 21 year old daughter won't drive a car or leave her mother's side, mother claims it's because of her father's death (the 21 year old treated her father like dirt), that same daughter has had asthma all her life (so do many other people) but her mother (my exfriend) is taking her to drs upon drs. (each dr. says after a while it's in their heads so they find new ones) to say how deathy ill this 21 year old is. This friend also has never paid a bill in her life, owes everyone and was so happy that she didn't have to pay her dead husband's debts, has owed me money many times over the years (never paid) and my daughter rents an apt from her, my daughter lost her job (due to injury) for over a month and a half, fell behind on the rent, now she is back working and trying to catch up, made a deal with exfriend to pay a certain amount a week, exfriend went snooping in my daughter's car and apt to find paystubs, is now demanding more money and thinking she did nothing wrong by snooping because she feels my daughter (her tentant) should tell her how much she makes, what her expenses are and show her her budget. She feels she did nothing wrong. I just need to know what kind of mental illness this person has. She also won't ever remember a conversation they way it really happens. She twists it all in her head. Any advise. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

My thought....

What does it matter?
We didn't cause it.
We can't control it and
We can't cure it.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

You're absolutely right, it doesn't and shouldn't matter. I guess the only reason it does is because I need to know what I'm up against until my daughter moves. This person will stop at nothing to be vendictive and spiteful.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On The Bus

My Head Is Spinning

How old is your daughter?
Old 04-21-2007, 06:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

Your daughter has every right to contact the police for the invasion of her home. What that landlord, (your ex-friend), did was against the law; she can be arrested. I wouldn't hesitate to let her know that information, and that if it ever happens again, there will be prosecution.

They have a deal. Period.
But, it seems as if your daughter should do her level best to get out.
Or to behave like your ex-friend and refuse to pay her debts.
(Kiddin')

Shalom!