Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Mental Health Issues > Anxiety Disorders
Reload this Page >

My visit to my Psychiatrist & my Bible Study Group yesterday...

Notices

My visit to my Psychiatrist & my Bible Study Group yesterday...

Old 04-18-2007, 07:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face My visit to my Psychiatrist & my Bible Study Group yesterday...

To my dear friends on the anxiety board,

I went to my Psychiatrist yesterday & I described all the symptoms I have been experiencing lately, to enable him to make a correct diagnosis of what sort of anxiety I actually suffer from...
I asked him to start me on a small dose of Xanax, for a short period of time, until I can find an alternative to Benzos, in order to treat my anxiety & panic attacks....

I went to my regular Bible Study or Cell Group last night, & my fellow Christian Brothers observed that I was showing manic symptoms throughout the evening, but I felt that they could have been a little more supportive of my decision to step out in faith & be obedient to what I believed The Lord wanted me, personally, to do, in my decision to cease taking my anti-depressant meds....
I simply thought I was simply overwhelmed with joy, stemming from my enthusiasm for the things of God & with thankfulness for what a mighty work my Lord has been doing in my life in the last few months...
I was overly talkative throughout the evening & I started to get overly hypo in my speech as the night went on, & thought it was simply caused by my tiredness, as I had a big day yesterday & I didn't have a lot of sleep the night before....
I can't help but get enthusiastic about what God is doing in my life, although, I guess I have to be a bit more sensitive to the fact, that not everyone shares my views on the subject of learning to rejoice in hardships of all kinds & that not everyone is at the same stage in their walk down the narrow road with Jesus....
I was disappointed with one of my Christian Brothers, who jokingly said that maybe I should go back on Zoloft, just so I would become more subdued in my enthusiasm for the things of God & not so manic...

May God Bess each & everyone of you both richly & abundantly, at Sober & Recovery.....

Last edited by Spacecat; 04-18-2007 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Forgot To Add Important Note....
Old 04-18-2007, 09:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I was one who had been told many a time... we have two ears and one mouth. In other words...listen more and speak less.

Well... If I remain quiet even the rocks will shout out. No rock is going to take my place.
I asked a guy a few years later... Why didn't you ever say anything to me to bring correction when I was sharing my joy (along with my incorrect opinion) at the time.
His reply... he didn't want to ruin my joyfilled spirit.

I would be looking at things from their standpoint where they know you as well as they do. Depression/anxiety or any other condition that requires meds for a better control can have an affect on people that has them feel or think they don't need their meds (in some cases). I am looking at their concern for you as being a good thing. Time will show them the truth of your joy and then they will share in your joy all the more.
We need remember as well... we each may have a unique situation when in a mixed group and only those who have lived in our shoes will fully understand our uniqueness. I can understand to a degree what others go through but I can understand fully when I see others going through the same things I have gone through.
They may not fully understand but from what you post... they do seem to have a concern and compassion for you as they look out for what they may have thought was caused by med changes.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

To my dear friend, Best,

I hear you, friend & I appreciate your excellent advice, which was mixed in with pearls of Godly wisdom.....
I have recently regretted the original post which you replied to & I think my Christian Brothers at my Bible Study last night were acting out of genuine concern, & had my best interests at heart.....
I have been overly sensitive lately, but I have been learning to manage my anxiety a lot better in the last two days, as I have decreased my dose of Benzos, but for more information on my recent progress please read my reply to DaVinci2's recent topic titled Doctors visit - More benzos which he posted recently right here in the anxiety forum of Sober & Recovery.....

God Bless you, Best & may the peace of Christ reign constantly in your heart, mind & soul....