Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Mental Health Issues > Anxiety Disorders
Reload this Page >

My letter to my mother, which brought me healing....

Notices

My letter to my mother, which brought me healing....

Old 04-17-2007, 04:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face My letter to my mother, which brought me healing....

Dear Anxiety board,
I had a massive verbal fight with my mother yesterday, which caused me a great deal of pain & no doubt hurt her deeply as well....
I had one of those lightbulb revelations today, I made up my mind to send her some flowers tomorrow, with a letter from me to my mum.....
Here is a copy of the letter which I put prayerful thought into & it brought healing to me to while I was writing it & I pray that it mends her broken heart & heals both my mum & our relationship, as mother & son.....
I would appreciate your feedback on the letter, as I mean't every word of it, from deep within my heart....

Dear Mum,

I am writing you this letter as, as it is the only way, I can convey my feelings to you without saying things I don’t mean to say, or saying things that may be misinterpreted….
I do know that in many ways it is my own fault that I have let you get to me both recently & in the past & that I am too sensitive & take things too personally, but It is like I have been an open wound lately & I don't know how to deal with my feelings of unforgiveness toward myself & others, such as yourself....
I know that you aren’t totally at fault, & that despite your failings, I sincerely love you from the bottom of my heart & not with God’s love, but with the love that comes from deep within my own human heart…
I still am full of anger & feel a deep sadness well up inside me when I have a fight with you & I feel so sorry that I hurt you & get so down on myself with over-whelming feelings of guilt, shame & obligation afterwards.....
I sometimes find it hard to relate to you or communicate with you even though I am grateful to you for bringing me into this world & I know that I am the problem in our relationship, not you, but at present I don‘t know how to change….
I'm edgy & nervous after going off Zoloft, although Dr Lee is trying me on all different kinds of medications at present…..
I believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel for both you & me….

Lovingly Yours,
Your Son Simon

Last edited by Spacecat; 04-17-2007 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake...
Old 04-17-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Simon...

I think your letter to your Mother is heartfelt and I hope she accepts it and your kind words as such...

I lost my Mom in "98" and I miss and think about her everyday. I miss her so much...

I hope you and your Mom work things out. You will only have one Mother in this lifetime...

Best of luck to you two.

Steve

Old 04-17-2007, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dear I'mready99,

God Bless you dear friend & I thankyou for sharing.......
It has made me even more thankful that my mum is still with me & I want to restore my relationship with her, before it is too late...
Thinking of you at this time....dear friend....
Old 04-17-2007, 07:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Same back to you friend...

I will send a prayer out to you that you and your Mom will find peace and love in your relationship with each other.

Steve

Old 04-17-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dear Steve,
Thankyou, friend, I need all the prayer & support I can get after going off my anti-depressant med & I will add you to my prayers, my friend....
I am believing there will be healing in my relationship with my mother, but I believe it has to begin with me, as I believe that we can only have an affect on those around us, when we allow change to happen in our own lives....
I also believe that only as we yield to The Great Shepherd, can we find healing & wholeness, which in turn will cause us to change & become more like Jesus.....
Old 04-17-2007, 01:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello Simon! I think it's a lovely letter. You have outlined your feelings very well and kept blame out of it. I hope your mom realizes that she has a very kind and loving son.

Looking forward to hearing how things go with your doctor today.

Take care!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dearest Margo,

I am in the public library today, because I have to kill some time in town until my appointment with my Psychiatrist, this afternoon & I am using the library P.C.s, so I'll keep my reply short & sweet.....
There isn't a lot of privacy in the library today, as it is very crowded, & my home town only has a small library....
Your feedback on the letter I wrote to my mum, was so affirming & encouraging, although I had a reasonable amount of confidence in the way I worded the letter, you have reinforced my belief that God will use this letter to bring healing to my mother & myself & our relationship, & perhaps, in time the lines of communication may be opened between us, as I constantly yield to The Potter's hand & allow Abba Father to grow me up into becoming a Man Of God & no longer a mere Youth, spiritually speaking....
I can't wait till my appointment with my Psychiatrist today, as there are so many questions I would like to ask him....

May God richly bless you, Margo....
Old 04-18-2007, 04:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Good morning Simon...

How did the visit to your Doctor go? Well I hope...

Have you had a chance to talk to your Mom since you sent your letter...

You and your Mom are in my thoughts and prayers friend.

Steve

Old 04-18-2007, 06:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dear Steve,
I went to my Psychiatrist today & I asked him to try me on Xanax for a short period of time, although it is addictive, but I will try not to abuse this medication & he only gave me a prescription for a low dosage of 5mg tablets...
I am still trying to make up my mind as to whether I should try myself on Effexor XR, later on down the track....
I described all the symptoms I have been experiencing lately, to enable him to make a correct diagnosis of what sort of anxiety I actually suffer from...
I went to my regular Bible Study or cell group tonight, & my fellow Christian Brothers observed that I was showing manic symptoms throughout the evening, but I felt they could have been a little more supportive of my decision to cease taking my anti-depressant meds, & I simply thought I was just a little overwhelmed with joy, stemming from my enthusiasm for the things of God, although I was overly talkative & I started to get overly hypo in my speech as the night went on, & thought it was simply caused by my tiredness, as I had a big day today & not much sleep last night....
I'm getting a little too enthusiastic about what God is doing in my life, & I guess I have to be a bit more sensitive to the fact, that not everyone shares my views on the subject of learning to rejoice in hardships of all kinds & that not everyone is at the same stage in their Christian Walk....
I was disappointed with one of my Christian Brothers, who jokingly said I should go back on Zoloft, just so I would become more subdued in my enthusiasm & not so manic...
God Bless you Steve & I thankyou from the bottom of my heart for your prayers & supportive words.....

P.S. I am also praying for you, my dear friend...

Last edited by Spacecat; 04-18-2007 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Spelling Mistake
Old 04-18-2007, 04:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by I'mready99 View Post
Good morning Simon...

How did the visit to your Doctor go? Well I hope...

Have you had a chance to talk to your Mom since you sent your letter...

You and your Mom are in my thoughts and prayers friend.

Steve

Dear Steve,
I haven't heard from my mother, yet, although I sent the flowers & the letter to her, yesterday aftenoon....
This may be due to the fact that she wasn't able to pay her phone bill recently & she can only receive incoming calls & can't make outgoing calls yet, but I believe she will get around to getting the phone company to restore her service soon...
God Bless you dear friend.....