Notices

~ Pets and Our State of Mind ~

Old 04-04-2007, 06:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wii
A SeaBird Living LandLocked

Thumbs up ~ Pets and Our State of Mind ~

I can't say enough about how important my pets have been to me through my Recovery from Alcohol. They give/gave me a reason to get up in the morning, their needs always come first. They give me Love, which is the only place I am sure it's not going anywhere.

I wanted to start this thread for all of you who have pets and want to share them with me and the rest of us. I think animals are Wonderful and have added so much to My life.

I'll post a pic of my two Sweethearts. Got to host them first.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wii

Talking

This is my Big Boy:

And my Little Girl:

We have eggs that have been incubating for almost 3 months. ETH is in less than 2 weeks. I HOPE we get some cute little babies.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

They're awesome! This is Doug, the love of my life!!! You're right. Pets help so much. You have someone you have to get out of bed for!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1010008.jpg (29.1 KB, 846 views)
Old 04-05-2007, 08:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yes i dont have a picture of my dogs pee wee and baby but they along with my 2 cats strips and jasper have helped me out tremoundsouly.... thanks for this post.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Awesome "petkids"!!!!!

As you can tell from my avatar, my dog is my salvation!!! He turned 7 Feb.4th, I have had him since the day he was weaned at 5 weeks! He doesnt back talk, judge, lie, or cheat, he is my everything and more! If not for this animal, I could not do life on a daily basis! Always has a smile and a warm hug for me, he also is a seizure alert and response dog (he picked it up on his own and protects me when a seizure is coming) He is a full bred german rottweiler. He is my BEST friend!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Old 04-05-2007, 02:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great thread, Wii. I couldn't agree more. My oldest (shih-tsu) has saved my life - literally, at least 3 times. Animals ask for so little, but they return love and loyalty and affection a thousand fold. I can honestly say I wouldn't be here but for the love of my animals.

I also have been adopted by a female tabby and we have a foster cat with us now, too.

I've done volunteer work with and for animals for years. Right now I volunteer for a no-kill animal shelter. And you know what? As much love as I give them, they give me back more. It makes my heart happy to go there and clean cages and take the dogs for a walk. I recommend it for anyone who is in recovery or who just needs a boost. It makes me feel better than any drunk or drug ever did.

Here are my two boys - Bailey and Boo

My cat, Sophie-Grace

And my foster boy, Jinx
Old 04-05-2007, 05:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I can't imagine life without a dog or three in the house ...

Biddy's the youngest at 4, Boss is 10, and Ty is 11.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

I am envious. I have no pets, but would absolutely LOVE to have one. I just don't think I could handle the responsibllity till I am retired. I will get one then. Probably a little dog!
Old 04-06-2007, 08:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Wii

Talking

WW, you NEED a pet. Doesn't matter what kind, even a mouse.

I am so happy that so many of you have replied to this thread. I wanted to show you my nest. I have about 50 iguana eggs incubating for the past almost 3 months. We should be seeing some activity within the next week. Estimated time of hatching to begin April 14th. If we do get some babies I Will post some pics. I'll be hovering over that nest like the MotherShip. Nest is about 10 inches high and 18 inches across. Eggs are halfway down in the dirt with Spanish Moss on the top to hold in the moisture. I have to add a little water every otherday to keep the soil moist but not sopping.

Nice to see so many Sheetz-Zhus. I know, the spelling. Just don't want to get Bleeped for typing in Shitzu. I have had a couple, they are just the best dogs. Except for the male lapping himself, on and on and on and on. I can tolerate a few laps but any over let's say 6 is purely for pleasure.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I adore my little Pacific Parrotlet and his love certainly helps to keep me as happy as possible. Unfortunately I often fear that I will do something stupid to get him hurt when I get drunk. So far I have been lucky and I plan to make sure nothing happens.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Wii

Red face

I want to share this little story. I had a male Shitzu once. I had left a very Wide glass on the floor with Kahlua and cream in it. Not alot, maybe about 8 oz left. Anyway HE lapped it all up without me knowing. I was sitting watching T.V. reached down and got the glass, it was empty. Then I noticed my little fellow staggering around the room. He was falling down, walking in circles but mostly he was falling down. I realized what he did and got some great laughs watching him. But that was in my drinking days and I was an Idiot back then. Alcohol is not good for animals but I didn't give it to him, he TOOK it.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My turtles are my joy as well. Its so relaxing watching them swim gracefully or baasking under their heat lamp
Old 04-08-2007, 06:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Wii

Wink

That's funny. I have been looking for a "Turtle" smilie for the past half hour. Rub my head c. Maybe it'll give me some Luck.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Wii

Wink

Well folks, it's ETH Plus ONE today. No activity yet in the nest. This morning I removed the Spanish Moss so the dirt could get direct sun. Here's what it looks like:

And yes, I'm obsessing over the nest, I Told you I would. I rub the dirt with my fingers fluffing it up and talking to the babies under there still inside their eggs. Oh GOD. I hope there are babies in there or else I am talking to DIRT!!!
Old 04-15-2007, 03:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
To Life!

Question Cute???

Originally Posted by Wii View Post
This is my Big Boy:

And my Little Girl:

We have eggs that have been incubating for almost 3 months. ETH is in less than 2 weeks. I HOPE we get some cute little babies.

You call those creatures CUTE???

Shalom!
Old 04-15-2007, 06:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wii, I think your pets are adorable. My Oscar has been by my side through all of the pain and sadness I have felt. He has more than once reminded me that I do have a reason to live.

Thanks for this thread.

Carol
Old 04-15-2007, 10:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Obsessed Pug Momma

Okay, I will *attempt* to post my pack pics , LOL! I have 1 human child and 7 who *think* they're human. I am very attached. On days when motherhood doesn't seem to be enough, I have these babies who satisfy my mothering instinct. Yes, they certainly keep me busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way :o)

Sophi shih tzu, Hummer pug, Bucky pug..... see next post for the others lol (board won't let me post more than 3 at a time)

Last edited by daydream; 04-15-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Obsessed Pug Momma

And the 4 newer babies: Ringo shih tzu, whose hair is all in his face, but not yet long enough to pull up in a topknot.... shih tzu Sassi aka Sassipants because she IS.... and our precious black pug babies who are a laugh a minute!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by historyteach View Post
You call those creatures CUTE???

Shalom!

History,

I guess you haven't heard the expression.."beauty is in the eye of the beholder." I'm surprised you're poo-pooing someone elses source of joy. Makes me wonder if you'd be willing to post your sources of joy openly and open yourself up for the same criticism.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Wii

Talking

Thank you Golfman. That was sweet of you to say that. You sound like my kind of people.