Notices

Vitamins and amino acids

Old 04-03-2007, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Vitamins and amino acids

Has anyone tried vitamin and amino acids to help with anxiety.
I got a list of what mg of B1, B6, B12, Calcium magnesium and such to add to my multi vitamin routine
Old 04-06-2007, 08:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've been experimenting with Vitamin B12 supplements for a while now, but I didn't notice any improvement..............After I read a book which contained information on vitamins & minerals, it recommended a good Vitamin B Complex is beneficial, but I'm no doctor or nutrititionist, so I would seek guidance from a professional before taking megadoses of any supplement..I think your doctor would be able to guide you in the right direction as to these supplements, as the wrong supplement may interact with your medication in some way....But once again I am not a professional in this area as I am still looking into this type of treatment for myself...

Yours Sincerely,

Simon
Old 04-08-2007, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have the list from my doctor. I am noticing a difference with the B6. B12 is for energy and Im a spaz anyway
Old 04-08-2007, 08:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

With vitamines and minerals, your body will only absorb as much as it needs. Taking them in large doses won't do you any good unless your body can actually absorb them. Most B vitamines will end up in your urine, which will be a bright neon yellow when you've taking a lot. Other vitamines in large amounts can cause troubles unless you're difficient in that.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My doctor told me what to take due to my blood work. There is a huge emotional difference when I take extra B6 and no depression, so I must be absorbing
Old 04-09-2007, 09:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Cinderalawkids,
It was helpful to know what vitamin supplements were of benefit to you & it's good to know that this vitamin helped ease your depression....
I will look into taking vitamin B6 supplements in the future, after I consult my doctor.....

God Bless,
Old 04-09-2007, 06:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If it helps, then keep doing it. Just make sure you keep on your doctor about your blood work and drink plenty of water. Fish oil is another supplement that has been shown to help with mild depression. I take in 10 grams of fish oil a day, seperated over the course of the day. Very healthy...

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
My doctor told me what to take due to my blood work. There is a huge emotional difference when I take extra B6 and no depression, so I must be absorbing