Notices

Needing advise..

Old 03-29-2007, 04:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Needing advise..

I dont know how to start this but here it goes.I have been feeling very low now for about two wks and cant seem to shake it.I jest starting seeing a lady and i pushed her away because i wanted it all to fast to happen and i think i have dealt with that,but now i jest cant seem to be happy right now.Oh i have been sober for 2 and a quarter yrs too and that is good.Sometimes lately i think if i was drinking i would'nt be like this or the pain would be away.But i'm not going there gain.I have been on paxil for around ten yrs too for panic attacks and they say it helps depression to but i dont know.Jest needing some advise thanks...
Old 03-29-2007, 04:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Dave, I can't offer too much advice, but I have almost the same amount of recovery time as you, and can share from experience that even at this point relationships are not easy. Rewarding yes, but they take much work.

I took Paxil for anxiety attacks, then switched to an SRI for depression. Have you spoken to your doctor about how you're feeling?

I can assure you of one thing. Alcohol will not take the pain away. For me it's comforting to be around other people at AA meetings or anywhere where I can talk with people that have similar experiences.

Scott
Old 03-29-2007, 06:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dave,

Astro is right about talking to your dr. I do know that sometimes antidepresseants stop working after awhile and it's possible that switching to another medication would help. There are lots of options as far as medications go, so do talk to your dr.