Notices

Can Paxil work after 1 dose?

Old 03-23-2007, 01:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can Paxil work after 1 dose?

Sorry for all the Paxil related questions. I didn't have this forum my first time around with Paxil and anxiety attacks.

I took my second pill today. And for the first time I slept pretty well, woke up without feeling groggy, and went the entire day without any benzos. The day isn't over yet, still another 6 hours to go, but is it possible that it can start to have an effect sooner than 2 weeks. I know it takes time to build up in the system, or at least that's what the doc said, but is it possible? Anyone else have this happen to them? I'm only on 10mg (I don't know if that's low, but from other posts I've read, it seems to be)

My concern is that if it's not the Paxil that maybe I subcontiously think it's the Paxil and making myself better...not actually needing the Paxil. I'll talk to my doctor about it, but just looking for some opinions here.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't think the Paxil can take hold that fast. Maybe it was because you didn't use benzos that you felt less groggy.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is a positive thing so it would make sense to continue on. Everyone is different and I have heard of a drug taking hold very quickly in some people.

Try to relax a bit and not worry so much.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When I took Paxil, it seemed it took a couple weeks before I felt sligtly calmer.