So this it...

Old 03-12-2007, 02:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So this it...

I posted this in the "Men's Room"-thread, but I am also posting here:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have hit rock bottom. I got my license back from a DWI in California last Monday. Saturday I get a second extreme DUI (this time in AZ) and now face some serious punishment. It isn't the punishment that is scaring me, it is the judgment calls I have made in the past. The only common factor has been the alcohol.

I am making my first AA meeting tonight at 7pm. I know I need to be strong about this and need some support. I have an outside sales job and will probably get fired once they realize I can't drive. Not to mention the time in Tent City that is sure to come. I have severe seizures due to Reactive Hypoglycemia, so I might get to have 60 days of house arrest.

I need to make some serious changes in my life. My girlfriend is finally moving down here from Omaha and I hate that I am going to have to lean on her during these hard times.

I am sorry to leave this long thread, but I just needed to write down my thoughts. I keep breaking down and don't really have anywhere else to turn.

Thanks for taking the time to read this...
Old 03-12-2007, 02:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome, ecasu, you've come to a great place where you will find lots of support.

I'm glad you are going to a meeting and know you will find lots of support there also.

Maybe instead of looking at the mess behind you, you can just take it one day at a time and look at your new beginnings. Just keep doing good things for yourself and one day soon you will feel the light shining on you and know that you are no longer a victim of addiction but instead a survivor who has a lot of good living ahead of yourself.

Hugs
Old 03-12-2007, 03:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, Ann. I am scared of losing my license again, but more of continuing to inflict pain on those around me that love me the most.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Welcome ecasu, Ann is right, look forward and deal with the consequences as they come. It might be a good idea for you to get a sign in sheet for the meetings you attend, that way when you see the judge, you can show you are getting help. Being sover will only help you in the matter and with the rest of your life...good luck!!!

SRH
Old 03-13-2007, 01:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to our family.

indigo