Practice Patience

Old 03-07-2007, 02:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Practice Patience

People who cause you problems also give you something of real and lasting positive value. They provide you with the opportunity to practice and build your patience.

Patience is a profoundly powerful and useful thing to have. It can bring real value into your life in almost any situation.

With patience, you can achieve a thousand times more than what you could achieve without it. With patience, you can listen, learn, work and prosper instead of lashing out at every frustration.

Patience enables you to see and to experience rich treasures that you otherwise would have missed completely. Patience gives you the ability to forge deep and meaningful connections with others.

Practice patience, and you avoid costly careless mistakes. Live with patience, and you have the persistence to create great things.

Be truly thankful for each opportunity you receive to strengthen your patience. For it will surely bring new richness to your life.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Patience is one lesson that my HP seems to try to teach me over and over. I need to "practice" patience because it simply does not come naturally to me. Sometimes I think I'll explode if I have to be patient one more moment.

But the lesson I am learning is that I cannot force life. I cannot make anything happen one minute before it is supposed to. I cannot know all the answers to questions that unsettle me. I have no control over God's time.

So I have two choices. I can pace and fret and drive myself (and everyone around me) crazy, or I can accept, with patience, that I am powerless over God's timing and just trust that everything happens exactly when it is supposed to.

This reading is a good reminder for me today. Just for today, I will be patient and let God lead the way.

Hugs
Old 03-07-2007, 03:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you Ann.

hugs Annie
Old 03-07-2007, 02:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think I have enough patients in me to last
1O millions life time.lmaf

I prayed for it many, many aeons ago.
and it still hasn't worn out yet.

That dude...call god or whatever AKAs he/she/it goes by
has a very funni sense of humor.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes I definitely agree, Patience does have a lot to do with recovery. I am they type of person that wants everything right now, so I just have to stay in touch with my higher power.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
cmc

Yes, and just how long 'a little while?' is, depends on how much patience we have acquired by waiting 'for a long time.'
Old 03-07-2007, 06:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

When I was first getting Sober, I used to pray for the gift of Patience...I haven't stopped yet!!!!