Notices

help!!!

Old 03-05-2007, 08:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help!!!

I'm so confused right now about who I am. I try to be a jock, preppy, like things friends, and to be myself, but guess what, it back fires. No matter what I do I cant keep friends or make anyone happy. I'm sick of having people get mad at me, or back stabbing me, or just walking away from me. I am sick of this pain. It's like most people in my life want me to be perfect. It's gotten to the point I don't know who I am and I am so upset. I am about ready to crack and I'm scared. I don't know what to do.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
EDNOS - undereating

I've felt like that before. But then I realized it was because I was in the wrong group of friends. It wasn't me.. it was them. I didn't want to play their games of sh*t-talking, backstabbing and so on. I didn't fit in with that and now I've chosen to have a very small group of very close friends and that makes me happier than I've ever been, as far as friends go.

Step outside your box. Take a good look at your surroundings. Is it you that is feeling like this or is it them making you think you should feel like this?
Old 03-07-2007, 04:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I posted this same thing that I wrote on a blog and someone commented on a few things I did this past fall, and the guy I love saw it and he flipped out and ended all things through a comment. This sucks. Can't I just be perfect or someone who people can accept?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
EDNOS - undereating

Lovelife,

Did you read what I wrote? Obviously, if you did, you didn't understand or absorb any of it or you are way past being able to get help through a thread posted on here.

I wish I could reach through the comp and smack some sense into you so that you could read it again and understand what I'm trying to say.

The guy who "loved" probably didn't like finding out how insecure you are. Most guys are like that, even though everyone is insecure to some degree or another.

Have you ever been to therapy before? Would you consider going? It would do good to see a good therapist to help you appreciate yourself for who you are.