Notices

Self Injury

Old 02-18-2007, 09:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Self Injury

Does anyone else here self harm (cutting burning etc...) ? I did a search and there was no mention of it.

I do and it has the same control over me as substances. And right now it's spiraling out of control, multiple times a day. I obsess over it, I plan for the times I'm alone so I can cut. I just feel like I'm always in this fog and I either really want to stay in that state or I get scared that I don't exist and cutting is the way I prove to myself that yes I'm human and that I can feel something.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome to sr.....i'm sorry....i don't have any advice for you....except to perhaps contact your doctor and seek help in that way......he can at least point you in the right direction.....

i know that it is not uncommon.....and that it can be overcome......so don't give up hope....just seek all of the help and support you can find...

it is late, you may not get many responses tonight....but if you can, post again tomorrow.....and i'm sure someone will come along with some experience and good advice.....there are so many caring people here......you have found a great place....

good luck and keep posting, ok?

ayla
Old 02-18-2007, 10:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

There is a self injury forum that is awesome..they have a chat baord too..just google WALKERS IN DARKNESS. They offer alot of people great help and you can really talk about the self injury there.
I hope you go there and get support!!
love north
Old 02-19-2007, 01:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, DoubleV
and welcome to SR!
I hope you do speak with your doctor about this issue.
I wish you well.

Shalom!
Old 02-19-2007, 07:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the link I'll check it out.

Doctor wow yeah. I've been to the ER a few times and have been threatened with a psych hold. So I'm scared to go in and actually be put on one.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

There are some good site's out there to help with the ways to Help ...

Nice one ((((North))))...!

Im also a self harmer ,..I dont like to say it but ive disscused it before here ,..and its a common thing as it comes in so many forms...!

I do it on feelings that i carnt cope with ,..Its been a Good While now ...since my last episode ...!

I find if i hold and Ice cube it can Help Lots ...and im just left with a cold hand but it smarts ,..with No scars or Bleeding ...!

An ElasticBand on your wrist can also help and just twang it when you feel like cutting ...These have worked for me in the past and I always keep some ice cubes Just incase ...!

You can learn new ways to feel your feelings and not be so uncomfortable with them ...!
I understand that one well ....!

Your Not alone....

Talking to your Dr, Is worth it,.. they might just Help you,?
..I Know it can be Freaky to talk about ,..but you'll get to the stage were you carn't hide the scars anymore ....and you will need some Help with dealing with Feelings...!

Much Love to you
....we can survive with out pain...

...xXx...
Old 02-19-2007, 04:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
On The Bus

Double V

Thanks for posting, I know nothing about cutting, but I do know I am here for you if you need someone to talk to. Mike
Old 02-20-2007, 09:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hi DoubleV

There is an very active Self Harm recovery group at “HealthBoards.com Message Boards” I think you will find a good group of supportive people there as well as here.

Zencat
Old 02-22-2007, 08:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Growing, Learning, Living

Hey DoubleV,
I am a self harmer. I have not in 6 years. I still have the scars to remind me though. And I still have the thoughts. I used to do it when I felt that I had upest someone or was not good enough. It used to make me think that if I looked at the scar later, it would remind me not to do whatever it was that made me cut myself again.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm proud of myself. I went in for an intake appointment and spilled my guts to the guy. I usually lie my ass off, just tell them about one thing. Felt good, I'm scared as all hell though. I was expecting out patient or something. Not in patient, it was actually the SI that made them decide I needed that. Just waiting for tuesday to come when there's an opening.

Last edited by DoubleV; 02-23-2007 at 01:32 PM. Reason: half this original posted was bleeped out