Making Mistakes

Old 02-15-2007, 02:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Making Mistakes

Mistakes are valuable reminders that you do not know it all. And as such, they provide golden opportunities to learn.

Mistakes are a sure sign that you're making progress. For when you make mistakes, it means you are putting forth effort and having an influence.

Mistakes are certainly no cause for shame. The greatest achievements require you to work your way through the greatest errors and misunderstandings.

Mistakes are not to be feared. For the same actions that enable you to make a mistake also put you in a position to correct it.

When you're willing to accept the possibility of mistakes, you're able to follow the best opportunities. When you become experienced at handling mistakes, you'll be skilled at creating real value.

Success comes not from avoiding all mistakes, but from learning to find a positive way forward no matter what may happen. With each mistake, get over it, get wisdom from it, and become even more effective than you were before.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face Focusing on the solution to the mistake!

Heres my problem. My prescriptions didn't come in the mail, 3 days late, and I'm out. These are pretty serious meds that I need, and can't just go get more, through my prescription plan its only 32.00 for three months vs $700.00
without. It will take another week if I have to reorder.

So, I call UPS.. they say they delivered it and Ohara signed for it at 6:10pm friday evening. I say no one named Ohara lives here at the address your driver says they delivered it to. They say, oh well you'll have to call the prescription company monday so they can put a trace on it. I say I need the medication now, could you just call the driver and ask where they dropped it off, and I'll go over there and get it. They say we can't do that. Long story short, I can't get them to do anything.
They even say to check my neighbors houses to see if they got it, cause its not uncommon for a driver to drop a package off at a neighbors if it needs a signature, and your not home. I say well, did it need a signature? She says I can't tell if it did or not from the information I have in front of me.

I say, let me get this straight, you don't know if needed a signature or not, the statement the driver typed in the computer is that they left the package at my address (they had the right address written down) and someone with with a name not even close to mine sighned for it, and your driver gave it to them. However you can't call that driver and have them call me at least. She said thats right.

I said, theres something seriously wrong with your system, don't you think, and of course she said well, I'm sorry but I can't help you.
Sooooooo, after stewing, freaking out and then calming down, I made a list of everything I could do (focusing on the solutions) to try to get my medication back that was given to some one named Ohara.

1. Go door to door close by.. No one knew..

2. Went to the post office, told them my problem, small town. The nice lady said, oh the ups driver, Debbie something stopped by at 2:00 yesterday, but I can't think of her last name. She then said Kinneys gets alot of deliveries, maybe they know her last name.
So, I go to Kinneys, walk in and the lady behind the counter says, hi the post office just called, your package ended up with Mccauliff, and before she could say anything else Mccauliff walked in the door of Kinneys with my package...

Funny thing is, Mccauliff tryed to look up my phone number, but It wasn't in the phone book. I lived in this town for 14 years, my phone has always been listed, and for some weird reason, I'm not in the phone book this year, I didn't even know it till she told me.......

So, you see, if you focus on the solutions, the problems aren't so impossible..

lol hope3
Old 02-17-2007, 07:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wow, you have more perseverance than I ever had but it just goes to show that when you know there IS a solution, it's worth whatever it takes to get there.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Wow, you have more perseverance than I ever had but it just goes to show that when you know there IS a solution, it's worth whatever it takes to get there.
You know what Ann, alot of it is in the head. Sadly another example of what was going through my head was; my neighbors got it (not very honest people) and my pills are long gone. They would be very much wanted on the streets. However, after asking myself, did I do everything I could to try to solve my problem? The answer was no. I wrote down what I could do as a futile attempt, but also when all was said and done, wheteher I got my pills or not. I would feel good about me. getting my pills back was the altimate pay off though.
You know what else, I live on a rural street, and it was dark. The delivery woman was running behind she dropped off the package at what she thought was the right house (no one was home at this house) and signed her name to the delivery. Theres the mystery about who Ohara was. Another funny thing is, she knew it was pills and just signed the thing to help someone get their pills being the weekend and all. Her heart was in the right place.

Yep its all in our heads, things will work out, they just do.

As a Teacher assistant I try to get the students to use problem solving skills all the time, some times they do, and oh when it works, I quitely scream yes to myself...

Bless us, everyone, Hope3.