The Things You Treasure

Old 02-05-2007, 02:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The Things You Treasure

What are the things you treasure the most? It pays to carefully consider them.

Are the things you treasure things you have taken away from others or gained at their expense? Then those things will soon, in like manner, be taken away from you.

Do you need to be dishonest about who you are in order to have and enjoy the things you treasure? Then those things can surely steal all the joy from your life.

Or are the things you treasure the many ways in which you have given of yourself to the world? Then those good things will come back to you again and again, increasing in value and abundance.

Are the things you treasure things you have worked with passion and purpose to contribute to life? Then those things will grow in power and influence, and will enable you to create even more real goodness.

Look at the things you treasure, and you can see where your life will go. Choose wisely the things you treasure, and they will bring great richness to all you know.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My relationship with God. Freedom from addiction. Family and friends.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Mike, even though I am from the Anon side of recovery, those are exactly the three things I treasure most also.

More proof that we may arrive from many different backgrounds, but we walk the path of recovery together.

Hugs
Old 02-05-2007, 01:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lurker

The first thing that came to my mind were my children, and the new relationship I hve now that I am sober. We had a very good time yesterday, and remember thinking that I would not have done it before because of the hangover I would have had.