Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Mental Health Issues > Mental Health
Reload this Page >

JEWISH SHAMANIC CURES FOR WHAT AILS YOU (folktradition)

Notices

JEWISH SHAMANIC CURES FOR WHAT AILS YOU (folktradition)

Old 01-01-2007, 11:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To Life!

Lightbulb JEWISH SHAMANIC CURES FOR WHAT AILS YOU (folktradition)

***OVERCOMING DISPAIR AND DEPRESSION AND MAKING CHANGES***

*JEWISH SHAMANIC CURES FOR WHAT AILS YOU (folktradition)*

The Hebrew word for "cure" is refuah. Its gematria ("287", the numerical value of its letters) is equivalent to the word "rachamim" which means mercy.

A sick person should ask for mercy from God, and he should have mercy on others, as our sages have taught in the Talmud (Shabbat 151a):

"All those who have mercy on other creatures will receive mercy from Heaven".

Therefore, the sick person should give money to charity. Giving money to charities of any people, faith, or righteous cause is as though one is giving a sacrifice which causes GOD to move, "as it were" from the Seat of Judgement to the Seat of Mercy, which causes the cure to be affected.

To help you overcome your dispair, or to just make changes in your life, try this program for 40 days straight. There is no cost, EXCEPT that you must give charity ; the price of a sandwich and coffee, to someone who is wanting help, at least once a week. It is actually preferred you do it every day.

This program has three parts.

Part one is that you repeat the following prayer EVERY NIGHT:

"I, (So and So son/ daughter of so and so[mother's first name]), forgive everyone who has hurt me. I forgive my mother. I forgive my father, I forgive my children (if it applies), I forgive my spouse, I forgive EVERYONE, known and unknown.

And, I forgive me! I forgive all these people, the known and the unknown, for any pain they have brought into my life, whether in THIS lifetime or in another lifetime. I forgive me. I love me! I deserve that good things come into my life!

I surround myself with protecting angels. The Angel of Awareness at my right. The Angel of Strength at my left. The Angel of Vision before me and the Angel of Healing behind me; and over my head may the Divine Presence always hover.

Part two is that you write a daily journal.

Every day you must sit down before going to bed and write at least 25 words about what happened that day. Try to see it from the SUNNY side of life. In the morning, write down any dream that you've had in the night.

PART three:

In the morning, go stand before a mirror, look yourself in the eyes and say: I am a Child of God! My soul is only purity and goodness, it is White Light. I deserve that good things happen to me today. Thank you God for helping me to see this about myself.

Folk traditions, I think, often have much wisdom.
This one has many beneficial aspects for ourselves and others.

Shalom!