Be The Person

Old 12-19-2006, 02:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Be The Person

If you are chasing something, the very fact that you must chase it means that it is moving away from you. Rather than chasing something directly, consider attracting it into your life.

Be the person who would have what you wish to have. Be the person who can live the life you wish to live.

When you chase after anything, whether it is a relationship, money, a job or anything else, it can be quite frustrating. Because you are focusing on something external to yourself, over which you have very little control.

Instead, focus on what you can control, on what you can build and grow and improve in yourself. That is the quickest and most reliable way to bring results.

Whatever it is that you desire, give it a warm and welcoming place to exist within you. The good things in life will flow into places where they are appreciated and put to good use.

Imagine your most treasured dream in every detail, and then set about to be the person who can truly experience it. Your dream will fill the home that you build for it.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2006 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

This was good for me today
Old 12-19-2006, 08:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So true. The more work I did on myself, the more good things started to happen in my life. Of course my goal is to be half the person my dog thinks I am.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
[QUOTE=Ann;1142025]When you chase after anything, whether it is a relationship, money, a job or anything else, it can be quite frustrating. Because you are focusing on something external to yourself, over which you have very little control.
[QUOTE]

Hoo hah, do I ever need that slapped up side my head this week. Thanks, Ann. Today is a great day to focus on myself.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You folks are awesome
Old 12-19-2006, 09:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Imagine your most treasured dream in every detail, and then set about to be the person who can truly experience it. Your dream will fill the home that you build for it.

My mothers favourite saying "You've got to have a dream, before it can come true."

Making room in my life for dreams and setting my sights on the stars, ensures that I am ready when they come true and don't miss them in the business of the day.

Hugs
Old 12-27-2006, 06:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face

Originally Posted by Ann View Post

My mothers favourite saying "You've got to have a dream, before it can come true."

Making room in my life for dreams and setting my sights on the stars, ensures that I am ready when they come true and don't miss them in the business of the day.

Hugs
We may say we will not drink/use today, but we have to look ahead, have a bigger goal or dream to fulfill. I am a firm believer in goals and mapping them out. We always have to be ready to readjust, tweak and celebrate the small accomplishments toward those dreams and bigger goals. I truly believe that the future dreams and goals are a huge part of making my todays goals and dreams come true.

This philosophy helps me keep my mind on the things I want and off the things I don't want.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Yep Thanks Ann....