Notices

trazedone to seroquel

Old 12-17-2006, 06:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

trazedone to seroquel

Hello, I am new to this board... I am a recovering drug addict who has been suffering from severe depression. I am finally on a combination of meds that has been working great for the past 3 months. .. Effexor xr, Remeron, Klonopin, and Trazedone. Recently, I no longer have insurance, so I am going to a community health center for my mental health. They give you the drugs they have... They don't have trazedone, so she gave me seroquel for sleep. 200mg. My fear is that it will interfear with how well I am doing mentally. Does any one know if I will experience bad side effects?
Thanks a lot, Pillow top
Old 12-17-2006, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
boommer

I was on Seroquel 200mg for awhile,and now I'm on Trazedone and I hate it.But with Seroquel I took it an hour before I went to bed,But the only side effect was it made me hungary as hell,and it made my legs feel heavy.It made me sleep all night,and I woke up refreshed with no side effects of drowness or anything.Good luck with it.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Seroquel works great for helping to get a good night sleep. I have taken 50-100mg in the past but it can make me really tired the next day but everyone is different. Good luck with the med change! Kerry
Old 12-19-2006, 03:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're going to get a different answer from everyone. My husband could not sleep on Seroquel; trazadone makes him sleep great!
Old 12-19-2006, 09:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i have been on all those and ambian and lunesta but trazidone worked better although my body has a fast imunity to such things so im changing every 4 months and then back again.
so best of luck
Old 12-31-2006, 04:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hope3

If it is doctor reccomended, try it if it doesn't work as well, then worry about it. My mom takes Seroquel and it helps her to get a restful sleep.

Everybody reacts different to different meds, good luck hope all stays positive for you, Hope3

Last edited by hope3; 12-31-2006 at 04:12 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-19-2007, 11:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by reader View Post
Seroquel works great for helping to get a good night sleep. I have taken 50-100mg in the past but it can make me really tired the next day but everyone is different. Good luck with the med change! Kerry
Yeah, same here. I was very tired in the morning, and I got to work late often if I didn't allow myself eight hours at least.

It would make me tired within the first half an hour, but I wouldn't be ready to sleep, so I'd have to wait an additional 1.5 hours to be tired again. Basically, it helped me sleep and stay alseep, but it didn't change my sleeping habits or mental thoughts, so it didn't help me work on the schedule I had (which was the real issue).

I take trazodone now, but only when needed. It helps me sleep well, but I don't like the feeling I get right before bed. It's intense for me. Also, it doesn't make me as drowsy in the morning. I feel more clear head on Trazodone.

But yeah, it works different for everyone.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

old thread...opps...i started to post a reply to someone from last year

Cleansing....welcome to the forum and to SR! Feel free to start a new thread if you have any questions or things you are personally dealing with.

hugs,
Jenna

Last edited by shutterbug; 09-19-2007 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

let me put it to you this way: both trazadone and seroquel are not used traditionally as sleep aids but are given to clients who do not respond to regular sleeping pills (ie. ambien, lunesta, sonata, etc.). they are prescribed because among their many side effects, they include drowsiness. drugs affect everyone differently. ie. neither seroquel nor trazadone work for me at their highest prescribed doses (and higher, when i make an executive decision of my own to double it). when i take seroquel i have terrible hallucinations. trazadone makes me feel so incredibly heavy that, because i still cannot sleep, when i have to get up in the middle of the night to take a ****, i fall back down because my body is completely discombobulated. in short, you have to see what will work for you. however, be careful with seroquel. it is actually an anti-psychotic... thus, the reason why i was experiencing the positive schizoid symptoms.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Trazadone is on WalMarts list of prescriptions for $4
Old 11-11-2007, 12:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i'm on 100mg seroquel.. was on 800 but have cut down.. it works great for me for anxiety, sleep, paranoia. i was on trazodone but it made me ill