Notices

Depression

Old 12-07-2006, 04:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Depression

I wanted so to have hope about my depression.

I take my medication. I listen to my therapist. I try to do what I am told to do. But I am still so sad.

I can't control myself or my feelings. Doing all the right things doesn't change me or my thoughts.

OK, I posted a note here. Can anyone help me?

Carol
Old 12-07-2006, 04:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Carol, maybe u need a med. change. A friend of mine needs a combo of 2. How about some lifestyle changes too. Try a walk or maybe a new hobby. Some people like health clubs and some larger areas have depression support groups. I have even heard of sun therapy, I am not big into tanning but some folks feel it helps with their symptoms. Keep talking though, I have a tendency to isolate and that only makes it worse. I lurked here for months after a year of posts. Do u have any pets mine help me immensely. Take Care of u, K
Old 12-12-2006, 12:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Carol, how are u today??????
Old 12-12-2006, 10:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

I suffered from depression for 20 years, and I was medicated for seven years. Two years ago I started a radical change in diet, based on the book: "Potatoes not Prozac" and it literally changed my life.

Now I walk every day, take vitamins, and most importantly, I don't eat refined sugar. It was the refined sugar that was making my moods so terrible all those years. And I have been depression-free since I made those changes n my life.

I also take a variety of vitamins, especially vitamin D, which helped a lot too.

You can beat depression, but not without making serious and lasting changes in your lifestyle and diet.