Notices

can't do anything right

Old 11-26-2006, 02:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

can't do anything right

i'm sick of life. i truly am. i try to help people but they think cause i'm 20 i won't be able to help. sorry but maybe i know more then most people think i do. that's ok though, i get the picture now, i'm not ******* good enouhg for anyone. i'm done...i am done with everything. from now on people contact me cause i won't be contacting anyone anymore as a way to keep from being hurt and to protect from relapse.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

so now i've lost another friend. i'm done...........i can't take anymore hurt.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Hey lovelife,
How are you now? I'm just now seeing this and I'm sorry that no one has responded yet, but I'm sure that it's because everyone is just getting back from their Thanksgiving trips. Please keep coming back here. I don't really know the details of what's happening in your world right now, but I know that I have felt like you, say you feel, many times before. It is particularly hard when you're young. I promise things get better as we get older. My mother used to tell me that, but I didn't believe her. Now that I am older, I've found it to be true. Please just try to do your best with whatever you are doing, just for today and try not to worry about what other people think of you at all. Your life is not about them. Do the best you can to be there for others, no matter how they respond and then in later years you will never look back and have regrets or guilt. How they respond is their problem. I really hope that you will keep coming back here to talk to others. It really does help alot.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Another online friend got pissed at me tonite because i left to go out with an ex from highschool after complaining bout a female friend standing me up. He said I was cruel for not staying home and talking to him. He said in oder to keep his friendship I have to delete all my ex's from the internet even if I am friends with them.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

You are not doing everything wrong. Just because others don't agree...that's doesn't mean you have to measure yourself agains their standards.

the sad truth is that many people in this world who we care about will walk all over us and disrespect us if we let them. We have to demand respect. Demand the same respect you give them in the very least. Do what makes you happy and not what you think other people want from you.

I'm glad you're here and hope you find comfort from those who respond. Nothing will change over night, but what's important is to keep pushing forward toward recovery and the rest will follow.

Hugs,
Jenna
Old 11-26-2006, 08:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Hey love,
Shutter is right. We do teach people how to treat us. If we allow them to treat us with disrespect and disdain, they will. If they see us respecting ourselves, they will respect us too. If they see us liking or approving of ourselves they will like us and approve of us too. I was like you in that I didn't like and love myself, so others thought that it was okay to treat me the same way that I treated myself. I acted like I didn't matter, but they mattered so they would always pick up on that and treat me like I treated me. Just like me, the first step of your recovery is to learn to love and appreciate yourself. You and I both need to learn to be comfortable and happy in our own skin. What others think of us and how they treat us really isn't the biggest problem with us. It's how we treat ourselves and what we think of ourselves that is our biggest problem and that leads to all of our pain. Just something to think about. Keep talking here and it'll make you feel better. Keep reading others posts as well. There are alot of wonderful people here on these boards with alot of wisdom and love to share.
((((((((((((((Caring Hugs))))))))))))))
Old 11-27-2006, 04:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i made a mistake last night and i lost 2 friends cause of it. i blew something that happened out of proportion. it was kinda of a lie about something serious,i mean it wasn't a total lie, but that was the only way to get one person to talk to me.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Don't be so hard on yourself. We all do the best we can at the time with what we have at that time. And we are all human. You are well on your way to a healthy and happy life...look to that for comfort...in knowing that your future will be filled with more love and acceptance than what you can even imagine now.

Hugs,
Jenna
Old 11-27-2006, 06:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Still Standing

I'm sorry to say this lovelife, but it sounds like you made a bad trade. You gave up being able to look at yourself in the mirror without guilt and disdain, just to get someone to talk to you.

I'm not saying this as a putdown. I'm saying this to get you to look at the hard truth, so that you won't be tempted to do that to yourself ever again. You are human and we all make mistakes like this sometimes in our lives. The key is to LEARN from your mistakes.

When it comes down to it, I'm sure that everything will work out okay in the end.