Notices

I just started Wellbutrin XL...

Old 11-22-2006, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question I just started Wellbutrin XL...

Hi everyone. I hope all is well. I suffer from depression and OCD. I went to the dr today and he gave me some samples of Wellbutrin XL 150mg. He also wrote a script just in case they do work for me. I've been on Paxil, Prozac, Remeron, Lexapro, Celexa, and Zoloft. None of them really seemed to work. I would appreciate some feedback from people who are taking this. I also smoke so maybe it will help with that as well. Also, I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

*C*
Old 11-22-2006, 03:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

I tried wellbutrin a few years ago. It worked good for the depression but it raised my blood pressure so i had to go off it. I hope it works well for u, my mom takes it and has had alot of luck with it.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the input. I didn't see that someone had already started a thread on Wellbutrin XL before I started mine. Whoops. But, I would still love some feedback. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!

*C*
Old 11-23-2006, 08:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, codieneaddict!
Welbutrin is a different classification of anti-depressant, so, it may well do the trick where the others didn't.
I took the XL for a short while, but, didn't really like it. It gave me a head ache when it was time for my next dose.
Also, Welbutrin is known to create anxiety in some people. I suffered from panic attacks when I was on it. It also made me a bit spacy. Forgot what I was saying in the middle of a sentence, sometimes. :andy:
It did help me quit smoking, though!
So, do monitor yourself on it.
I hope it is helpful for you.

Shalom!
Old 11-26-2006, 06:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey, thanks for the replies. There is no generic form of the WB Xl so I'm going to get my dr to write a new script for the original version of Wellbutrin. 30 pills of the Wellbutrin XL is $105!!! I can't afford that as I have no health insurance. So, my question now is the old original version of Wellbutrin just as good? Has anyone had success with that? And if so, how many mg's were you on? Thanks in advance.

C
Old 11-30-2006, 05:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wellbutrin XL

I was on Wellbutrin XL 150's, felt great!! But the cost was an issue. I did switch to Wellbutrin...75 mg twice a day. I did not feel the same..it didn't have the same affect. I returned to Wellbutrin XL 150...feel good again. I now by my medication from Canada and it cost about $150.00 for 3 months supply as the cost is an issue for me as well.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Save the Pars

Originally Posted by Codieneaddict View Post
Hi everyone. I hope all is well. I suffer from depression and OCD. I went to the dr today and he gave me some samples of Wellbutrin XL 150mg. He also wrote a script just in case they do work for me. I've been on Paxil, Prozac, Remeron, Lexapro, Celexa, and Zoloft. None of them really seemed to work. I would appreciate some feedback from people who are taking this. I also smoke so maybe it will help with that as well. Also, I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

*C*
Hi, have been WellbutrinXL and efexorr for a couple of years. I was also on just generic wellbutrin before that. My phsyce dr. likes to use a combination.
The first 3 weeks, I felt better than i ever have in my life. I have chronic depression but have been felling good for a year and a half now.