Notices

hi and a little about me

Old 11-18-2006, 09:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi and a little about me

when i was 18 (1989) i had a bad acisd trip and three months later went completely psychotic for a couple of months.
cfontinued using speed and had a few more spychotic episodes, later got onto crack and heroin.
got diagnosed at 25 with schizo affective disorder and then at 29 my diagnosis changed to bipolar disorder
im now 35 and have given up all drugs except heroin which im trying to get off and have been mentally stable with the help of a depot injection of chlopixol once a fortnight for the last couple of years
its great to find this forum and read other peoples posts and discover that i am not the only oe
last year i went to rehab and stayed clean until wouldnt you know it i suddenly found myself psychotic and sectioned in a psyciatric unit.
its a right bummer having to deal with both problems at the same time
anyone else go through anything similar?
Old 11-18-2006, 11:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

welcome to SR!
Old 11-19-2006, 08:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

God i love the diversity that a worldwide forum like this brings to the oft-insularistic North American.

Wolverhampton, i had to look it up!

Cooljelly (and how could you not like a name like that), welcome aboard mate (if you're a guy that is, i dont know what a female... err mate wud be called?) and nice to have you on SR. Just love how you people talk.

But aye, 'tis "a right bummer" indeed to be poly-afflicted and that's a pretty wild ride you describe. Can't say I can answer your call to relate, but betcha that someone around here has been through worse.

Again - nice that you found us!

Ten
Imipramine, namebrand Tofranil, the first successful TCA antidepressant synthesized in the '50s, actually remains the standard by which all new ADs are measured in efficacy. The advent of the newer SSRIs, etc., are "better" only in their side-effect profiles, some having virtually none, whereas the TCAs typically carry the unwanted side-effects of drowsiness, difficulty urinating and dry mouth, to name a few.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cool reply

thank you for your replies, by the way i am definitely a woman, was last time i checked anyway!
my mental health has been good for the past two years except sometime i get carried away taking my tablets and take too many like about 50
i still can hear my thoughts as if they were a voice and this feels totally normal to me
in the past ive had all sorts of delusions like being really important or having people after me but these seem to have quietened down since ive been on this injection. another thing is ive gained alot of weight which comes partly from doing nothing all day except sleep and watch the tele
i want to recover to the point where i can have a job and be productive
i was doing some volunteer work but that fell through
sometimes i have memories of things that i have not remembered before and im pretty sure are false
another thing is i am very suspicious of my partner who does his best to make me feel secure.
anyway its nice to hook up with other people especially across the atlantic so take care and ill write more soon
love
penny