Notices

Giving up

Old 11-14-2006, 06:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Giving up

I'm comming to the place where I am seriously going to give up. Too much has gone down since June and people don't believe the stuff that I write is true, so if this is going to happen then why talk to people when they aren't sure if it is true? I am sorry but I should have known beter to bottle it all inside cause that way no one would be able to hurt me. No one would be able to break promises or doubt me. Maybe if I kept everything in I wouldn't have been left alone by "friends". I'm done. I'm becomming an intravert. I'll help others but I doubt I'll talk about me problems anymore. It just causes me to be hurt by people.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FROG....Fully Relying On God

Honey, please don't give people the power to make you give up. People only have the ower that WE give them, OK?
AA Hugs
Old 11-14-2006, 07:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just don't see why talk to people when they will hurt me?
Old 11-14-2006, 07:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well like they say in AA: "Stick with the winners" That has worked for me so far. They don't always tell me what I "want" to hear....but they don't "Hurt" me either. I choose to not associate with people that willingly try and hurt me...or anyone, for that matter.
Hang in there....go to meetings....hang out with the people whom "really" work the 12 steps.
Prayers and love to you
Old 11-14-2006, 07:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

are there meetings for depression?
Old 11-14-2006, 07:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Now that I don't know, but I'm sure that in one of the forums there is stuff relating to depression. Check it out and don't give up hope, OK?
Old 11-14-2006, 07:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

kinda hard to not give up
Old 11-14-2006, 07:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I noticed your signature being "In Christ alone I trust" Get on those knees babe and ask God to help you....and then maybe a good nap...works for me
Old 11-14-2006, 08:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

well i'm off to bed for the night. please pray for me cause i can't do this anymore.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

praying for you
Love,
Jig
Old 11-14-2006, 08:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi,
Are you going to Alanon or Alateen? You can help yourself... things can be better. I hope you will see your doctor, get a checkup and tell him/her what's going on with you
In meetings I gain skills that enable me to be realistic about what I can expect from others and I learn about setting good boundaries in relationships.
There is a saying in the rooms of many 12 step programs: "Nothing changes if nothing changes" and if you take the time for yourself I am sure you will be glad you did. It really is up to you- up to you NOT to give up.
cmc
Old 11-14-2006, 08:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

kinda hard to not give up
I agree. Life is ****.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Crazy

Originally Posted by Eagle1
I agree. Life is ****.
true that, true that.

it might be hard but don't give up! we can all do it, but we can't do it alone. you need people to confide in, being an introvert only works for so long.

good luck!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I can relate,boy can i.And your situation,is so similar to my own.I got down on my knees and prayed to God.it was this kind of situation,that i began my --relationship-with God.He did for me,what others could not,nor were they able to.But i didnt know this at the time.I really thought folks could heal me,they dont have this power.I was with the wrong people.Un-carring,no comapssion,well you know.They constanly tried to make me to be more of what "they" could accept.I was hurting bad.The constance critizing,tore at my spirit.I came to Christ.Amen,amen,and Christ change me,changed my life.So,when i look back,those were not the wrong folks after all,for they brought me to Christ!!!
Today,i share with others,and what they think about me is non-of -my bussiness.Its just not that important to me.Im very selective,on who sponsors me.This is how it works for me.You will find carring,compassionate folks,they are out there.Keep on,keepin on,dont give up before the miracle happen!!!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi lovelife, I'm in the VA Hospital and my computer time is limited. I was heading for the alcohol board and noticed you mention of giving up. Decided to take a few moments and try to help. Your choice of names speaks volumes to me about your deep desire to experence life. I have not read the posts of people being mean to you. I can say that for most people here at SR, that is out of the norm. However, I can tell you that I also have felt that way before and at times still do. This feeling, for me, comes from within not from the outside. My desire here is to help you recover, and yes there are depression groups. Many phone books or opererators can help find them. In fact you might find them listed here somewhere. Believing you or judging you isn't my job. Simply being here for you is the only job I can handle today.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

thanks to everyone for helping.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:18 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

How are you doing today?

What I have found true for me (I dont always get it right either) is that happiness is an inside job. I remember complaining to a very close and trusted friend one day about how someone had hurt me by being judgemental and just not taking the time to "really" hear what I was saying. He asked me why I souround myself with people that are not supportive of me.

Good question, why do I allow people in my life and give them my attention and time if they are not healthy for me. Im sure there are plenty of supportive/compassionate people out there... so why do I keep accepting what is unacceptable to me?

Im not sure why I do that... but today Im aware of it and I know to fix that in my life is again an inside job.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Not sure I can improve on anything that has already been posted, but thought I would say..... I am hear if you just need someone to listen. I am not here to judge or point a finger or anything....just here to share and listen.

It is hard when you are young to have friends your own age that have enough experience behind them to be that supportive on something that maybe they have never gone through. That is why finding a support group that you feel comfortable in that have those with the same experiences to share can be more effective and supportive for you.