Notices

Sick of it all

Old 11-13-2006, 07:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Sick of it all

I am sick of all the empty promises made to me by people. Some people say they're my friend. Some say they won't leave me. Some say they're always there for me, and guess what they've all been broken. I am sick of crying, I've cried so much the last few days that I am sick now. I am sick of life so much. Is it so much to ask for people to be honest, accepting, and being there for me like i am for them? I have two online friends who are like family cause they care so much about me. They are the only people other than Annie, Steph and Daniel who care. I'm just not knowing what to do. Steph leaves to go back to Ukraine til her and Annie come back here in June and Dan is just too busy with stuff. I am sick of it all.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I just don't care about much anymore. why should I care when no one else does?
Old 11-13-2006, 10:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

Lovelife;
You do care. Look at your screen name!

It's clear you are hurting. I'm sorry.
I cannot tell you what it is about those relationships. But, sometimes, one person wants more out of a relationship than another. Like everything else, it's one day at a time. Accept it for what it is, not what you want it to be. And work at what you really want for you.

In the meantime, be sure to take care of yourself physically, mentally, emotionally and physically. And if you need to have a med check, please do so. You do not have to be miserable. You can reach out for help with a counselor too.

Shalom!
Old 11-14-2006, 04:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So the friend who broke the promise PMed me and told me it's cause I didn't "listen" to him. I have, he of all people should know that getting better is not all going to happen at once. But I guess once again I am not good enough for some. That I haveing a set back is bad. So he feels he has to toss me like yesterday garbage. I'm sick of it and sick of life.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there you will get through it. I have to keep telling my self that because I feel the same way as you do.I hope you will feel better soon.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm giving up on everything.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To Life!

Read your signature line, lovelife...

And tell me, what have you done good for yourself today?

Shalom!
Old 11-14-2006, 06:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Stated to bottle everything up to keep from being hurt by people.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Don't bottle it up, give it to Christ. He will take it and give you the love & strength to get through this down time, if you really trust Him.

(((((((((Caring Hugs))))))))))))
Old 11-21-2006, 11:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Originally Posted by lovelife
So the friend who broke the promise PMed me and told me it's cause I didn't "listen" to him. I have, he of all people should know that getting better is not all going to happen at once. But I guess once again I am not good enough for some. That I haveing a set back is bad. So he feels he has to toss me like yesterday garbage. I'm sick of it and sick of life.
ever think....maybe these "friends" arnt good enough for YOU??!!!!

When we are getting healthy there are often times when people who know us will struggle with the changes they notice (probably b/c they arn't healthy themselves)....and it often becomes necessary to let go of anyone who disrespects you or continues to hurt you. Surround yourself only with healthy people and respect yourself enough not to let the rest negatively affect your efforts toward happiness.

It is MUCH better to go through a dry period without any or very many friends than to continue to give to those who only take and hurt us!

I'm going through much of the same right now...and have had to distance myself even from my father and youngest cousin. It has hurt me at first, but that initial hurt is NOTHING compared to that which I would endure if I continued to let these people pull me down with them.

Love yourself....and then real loving friends will be drawn to you who respect you.

Hugs,
jenna
Old 11-22-2006, 03:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

First off, you sound depressed.

Secondly, not everyone is a good friend. I've been hurt over and over by friends who have not been there for me. You know what I did? I thought about the friends who HAD been there for me over the years, and whittled my circle of friends down to about 3 caring, loving friends and tossed the fair weather friends out the door. I'd rather have a small, handful of people who care than a whole lot of people who don't.