Notices

what do i do?

Old 11-12-2006, 06:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what do i do?

i have no clue what to do to get past some of the pain i ahve right now. my aunt who lives in SC has been diagnosed with bon cancer and pnuemonia on top of her already existsing lung cancer. my family has been getting more cirtical and things with friends. i'm not sure what to do. i've basically shut down and changed myself. here is what i mean this was posted in ym livejournal: "The new me is here now. The old Trish has died with the events of the past weeks and months. I am no longer miss nice or goody. I am going to live my life for me. You don’t like who I have become then **** off cause I am done being the nice person who everyone walks all over. If you care about then I’ll be nice to you, if not then you’re out of my life and I will be an ass to you, like you are to me. I am so sick of the world right now, but I know there are a few who care about me. The new me is going to be out for as long as it takes me to be myself again. I am out to find who I am so I am cutting out those who hurt me. Sorry ya’ll but I warned you all over a month ago this would happen."

i need help because i seriously don't know what to do, if this change is good or if i am just running form my problems.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Trish,

No, no. Don't lash out; just keep reaching out.

I am sorry that I've been unable to keep up with you--I swear I haven't been ignoring you! It's just that you're all over the place. That's good, bad, I dunno. Probably good.

Yes. It's good that you're crying out for help rather than keeping it in. I'm not up on all your current events yet I really can't apologize past saying I'm sorry I've been unable to be.

As you know we ALL have problems, we all have our own drama. Lord knows I do.

I see you're half my age.

Geesh, thanks for that reminder. LOL j/k - I sorta remember January 1986. I do remember the summer of 1986, it was my "summer of '69"; the only good year I ever had with alcohol before turning into rabid alcoholic.

What I'm saying is you're young and you have sooo much time to sort things out. And you know what? You will, but I echo historyteach: Get counselling with all this, it sounds like quite the load.

Between a laugh and tear,

John
Old 11-19-2006, 12:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Lovelife....to a point this is good.
I'm in a very similar situation.
We are learning what is acceptable and what isn't.
And these days I choose happiness over unhappiness...so therefore I don't have room or the desire for unhealthy people in my life who create havoc and unhappiness.
We are the only ones who can make us happy.
We are the only ones who can keep others from stepping on us.
We have to make a choice to love ourselves more than we love others.
We deserve peace and we DONT have to put up with crap.

In the last year, i've cut 4 people from my life. Something I would never have done before my search for mental health recovery. But I feel good about it and am proud of myself for not hanging onto toxic people who will only bring me misery because THEY are miserable.

No, no and NO!!!
My new words