Notices

losing it

Old 11-07-2006, 07:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

losing it

not sure if this goes here or in newcommers so it's posted both places...sorry for trolling.

i'm losing it tonite cause of this: my dad said i don't know anything and if i said one more word he'd, then he stopped...he got pissed at me for saying that the ohio results couldn't be released yet cause of a county having extended poll hours. he said that is what eh hates bout me is that i never know what i'm talking about. it sucks. i can't even leave me room unless i wanna get put down and yelled at. he won't listen. i am sitting in my room bawling my eyes out and i am on the brink of just saying forget everything, my mom doesn't even say anything to him bout stopping. my own family doesn't care so why should i think anyone else does? My boyfriend had to witness me crying tonite. He called me and could tell I was upset so he came over and just held me and told me he loves me. He may be talking to his family to see if I can move in with them until things get better for me. Not to sure yet what to do. I'm just depressed right now. Thanks everyone for your support.

Update: I am never talking again to my parents cause they just shake their heads when I open my mouth. I said goodnight to them just now and they just ignored me and did not say goodnight. I don't know how much more I can take, but moving in with ym boyfriend's family may not be a good move either. I can't move out on my own due to money reasons cause i am still a student and need the insurance of my father. But i also know this is an unhealthy thing for me to be living in. HELP ME I'm affraid I won't last much longer.

The whole thing with me is I suffer from depression and certain things triger it and my family is one of them. I'm on Zoloft but even that isn't helping me right now. I am so close to losing me mind and my life it's not funny.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Lovelife;

I'm sorry for your troubles. It does sound like a toxic environment that you're in. One thing that can help is to never discuss politics or religion with your parents. Those are hot button issues with many people, and it's clear that your dad doesn't want to hear your opinion.

Try to stay away from home except for when you need to be there -- ie, sleep and eat. Stay at school, study in the library. Go to the gym. Go to functions at the school, (I assume it's college?) In short, create a life for yourself away from home. One that is filled with things YOU enjoy, and with people with whom you can share thoughts, feelings and hopes.

You deserve nothing less.

Be good to yourself. Take it one day at a time. Start by doing one thing that is good for you. Remember to look after yourself physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Your entire self deserves it.

Shalom!
Old 11-08-2006, 04:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

the thing is i live at home and go to a small community college. i hardly am never home anymore and if i am i am in my room.